View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 10:09 PM   #9
Danish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain
I've done a lot of thinking about fascism too, specifically the willingness of people to follow men with absolute power and the subordination of conventional morality in the face of the atrocities it creates (mostly centered around Nazi Germany, as WWII is the area of history I'm most passionate about). I can do media, I could do Cold War but only with some additional research: I have a college textbook level of knowledge about it, just the broad strokes.

What have you been thinking about specifically about fascism and the media?
With fascism, I've been thinking mainly about the political economy of fascist states (not necessarily Naziism). I want to write a paper on the political economy of fascism and submit it for publication to see if I can get published... Basically, my thesis would be that, in terms of state-capital relations, fascism is very closely related to Keynesianism.

As for the media, I'm currently writing a paper for a class about the effects the Canadian media has on ideology.

I don't think either of us is more educated on the Cold War. We could debate whether the Cold War was actually cold or not...