View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 12:51 AM   #42
Merkaba
Play-Dough and Rug Hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderplayer1100
Hey, I just started singing a month ago...I don't have a vocal coach or anything, but the singer that i'm TRYING to mimic is Freddie Mercury....Well first off when I wake up and try to sing along with Queen songs I can't hit certain notes because of flem blockage in my through. How do i get rid of the flem....and could u tell me some warm-ups that u guys use to prepare for singing. And did Freddy Mercury use his head voice in the song "Killer Queen". Oh and another thing...Sometimes when i try to hit some really high notes I end up sounding like Kurmet the Frog...Does anyone know how to stop that from happening? Thanks
Keep your tongue relaxed...it will help with the kermit thing. Try to keep the tip maybe barely on your bottom front teeth. Not pushing hard though. And try to feel the back of your tongue wanting to rub your top back teeth. (cuspids? bicuspids? whatever). Now dont take this to the extreme but just see if youre close to it or what your tendencies are when singing higher true voice that is. Falsetto is kinda a different animal but in general you just dont want your tongue to stiffen or to push back and or down.