Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio Arena (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Deathmetal/hardcore-Kill Devil Hill-check us out. (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258888)

Carcass5150 10-31-2004 11:37 AM

Deathmetal/hardcore-Kill Devil Hill-check us out.

Hey I'm the bassist for the northern California band Kill Devil Hill. If you follow the link you can listen to two of our songs on our myspace profile, and check out whatever else you want to know about us. Thanks for giving us a listen, and whatever feedback you can give would be great.

[url]http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=3237414&Mytoken=20041031093239[/url]

Thanks again.

Slippingguitar 11-01-2004 07:50 PM

Im currently listening to Flatline. I like it. The drums and guitar riffs are interesting to me. The intro was kindof repetitive but much better than I can do. The vocals. Are...Well I dont know. It sounds like a younger voice which is different than most metal you hear. I like it though. If you guys get a cd out here in canada let me know cuz I think id buy it.

Now listening to Retribution. Hmm...I dont know what to say but.. That was a wierd few seconds...

Carcass5150 11-02-2004 07:43 PM

^^Haha... I guess that's a good thing. If you want to hear us again or maybe some of our other songs we will be on an internet radio station this Thursday somewhere between 10pm and midnight PST. The site is [url]www.kcscradio.com[/url] thanks for the feedback by the way.

Chop Suey! 11-03-2004 07:32 PM

HOLY SH1T DUDE THAT WAS AWESOME!!! EVEN PROFFESIONAL SOUNDING!!! dammit dude, you guys better get a record deal soon. Send this demo into roadrunner. Hey I kknow that label isnt the greatest, but atleast they accept demos.

Carcass5150 11-03-2004 07:52 PM

Well thanks again. Hard to believe we recorded that in a basement. We are sending out a demo soon by the way.

yousuck 11-03-2004 09:26 PM

What did you use to record in your basement?

Carcass5150 11-03-2004 10:13 PM

Well I can't give you all the equipment exactly as I wasn't in charge of the recording myself (the guitarist was) but I can tell you we recorded using a computer porgram called Protools If you can get the hardware and software to use it and you need to record get it for sure.

Arucard 11-04-2004 04:26 PM

no woner it sounds good pro tools is the best other than logic lol

Chop Suey! 11-04-2004 07:59 PM

hey carcass...what do you play in the band?

seth plays bass 11-04-2004 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=Chop Suey!]hey carcass...what do you play in the band?[/QUOTE]

He plays bass. Check out the first sentence of the thread.

I forgot to mention that this band is kinda sweet. If you ever tour Florida contact me.

Chop Suey! 11-04-2004 08:43 PM

haha oh sh1t i didnt see that, sorry. Dude, seriously, you guys rock. I cant stop listenning to retribution. It kicks as.s!

Carcass5150 11-04-2004 11:34 PM

Well thanks guys for the good comments and what not. To Seth, what part of Florida? I have a cousin in a Grindcore band there maybe you have heard of them. Cumshotte (not pronounced as it's spelled)? They are from St. Petersburg (sp). And I don't know how long it will be until we tour or anything like that but hell if we go to FL I will be sure to look you up.

To Chop Suey:

Yeah Retribution is probably my favorite song to play... With maybe the exception of our newest song (not recorded) called Analysis. If we record it imight just have to give you fellas a listen.

Crowley5150 11-04-2004 11:57 PM

Man this is the shiit. Amazing instrumentation, impecable timing.... if I was more of a sceptical bastard, i'd almost think this could be someone posting some produced obscure european death bands songs as a gag..... **** its good stuff. The only thing I dont like is the cleaner vocals in there..... but im not a fan of System Of A Down which is what the cleaner vocals remind me of.

Great work tho.... you guys should cover some Children Of Bodom just for a laugh. They rock.

Carcass5150 11-05-2004 06:32 PM

Wow. I wasn't expecting such a good reception. Probably because the type of music we play isn't very popular in this area.

To Crowley5150: Yeah Children of Bodom is pretty bad. I listen to Hate Crew Deathroll all the time. The songs would be a tad difficult to do without a keyboard player though.

Crowley5150 11-05-2004 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=Carcass5150]Wow. I wasn't expecting such a good reception. Probably because the type of music we play isn't very popular in this area.

To Crowley5150: Yeah Children of Bodom is pretty bad. I listen to Hate Crew Deathroll all the time. The songs would be a tad difficult to do without a keyboard player though.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yeah good call. Their keyboardist is amazing.

Let me know when you get some new material, and also, how can I get a copy of your whole album/ep/cd/thing ?

My drummer would love it too. Before he joined the alt/rock band we are doing at the moment, he was in a death band that ended up calling themselves Automation here in Australia before they broke up.

Carcass5150 11-05-2004 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=Crowley5150]My drummer would love it too. Before he joined the alt/rock band we are doing at the moment, he was in a death band that ended up calling themselves Automation here in Australia before they broke up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well you can download those off the myspace page but I think you have to be a member of that site. As soon as out official site is up I think you will be able to download the songs from there. I will let you know when that happens. About or other songs though, I can't give you a yay or nay on whether or not they willbe up for download.

devon 11-05-2004 09:47 PM

I like it.
Great drummer. For the most part, the drummer can make or break a band like this, i think. I like the second one better than the first. i guess it jsut seems more exciting.

overall good job though!

Carcass5150 11-06-2004 01:22 AM

[QUOTE=devon]I like it.
Great drummer. For the most part, the drummer can make or break a band like this, i think. I like the second one better than the first. i guess it jsut seems more exciting.

overall good job though![/QUOTE]

Yeah the drummer(who is also my brother) has been playing for about 5 years. He's great. As I said before the Retribution (the second one) is my second favorite song to play, and the first isn't recorded.

Carcass5150 11-07-2004 01:48 AM

P.S. To Crowley5150: I also wouldn't know how to send you one all the way in Aus. haha.

Crowley5150 11-07-2004 08:04 PM

heh - USPS is your friend :)

(ive been a live bootleg trader for years and have had thousands of CDs and Videos posted to me either with USPS (which is cheaper) or UPS which charge like wounded bulls)

Carcass5150 11-07-2004 11:49 PM

^^Cool...Well if I can convince the guys to go for it we might be able to work something out.

We are recording a new song next weekend so come that time I will be posting it here on MX.