Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sheet Music For Teen Town (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438582)

FenderJazz 01-27-2006 04:27 PM

Sheet Music For Teen Town

Anyone?

Spazzout22 01-27-2006 04:30 PM

Google?

[url]http://www.lucaspickford.com/transteen.htm[/url]

Raiven 01-27-2006 04:30 PM

[url]http://www.lucaspickford.com/transteen.htm[/url]

ftw

BassVirtuoso 01-27-2006 04:34 PM

I just realized how good I was at sightreading when I could sight read that better than I could sightread tab.

/Personal victory

FenderJazz 01-27-2006 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=xxBassVirtuosoxx]I just realized how good I was at sightreading when I could sight read that better than I could sightread tab.

/Personal victory[/QUOTE]

Niiiice. I suck at sight reading, but slow and easy wins the race!

Not really.

Naveed Afzal 01-27-2006 07:08 PM

eh...i can read and play slow... its not the pitches, but rhythms that trip me up...

FenderJazz 01-27-2006 08:52 PM

[QUOTE=Naveed Afzal]eh...i can read and play slow... its not the pitches, but rhythms that trip me up...[/QUOTE]

Yeaaah. I really need to work on improving my rythm-understanding skills.

White_Summer 01-27-2006 09:00 PM

usually that is the main problem with site reading for most people, for me is backwards, i cant really see the pitches that well because i am used to reading treble cleff, but i can get the rythms no problem because of my very good treble cleff reading

FenderJazz 01-27-2006 09:29 PM

How long did it take you guys to get comfortable with reading rythms (atleast to the point where you can figure it out in a normal amount of time, but not necessarily site reading)? Ive only been reading for a couple of months and I dont really practice it as much as I should. Sometimes I read/write and get it perfectly, but sometimes I get stumped.

Naveed Afzal 01-27-2006 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=FenderJazz]How long did it take you guys to get comfortable with reading rythms (atleast to the point where you can figure it out in a normal amount of time, but not necessarily site reading)? Ive only been reading for a couple of months and I dont really practice it as much as I should. Sometimes I read/write and get it perfectly, but sometimes I get stumped.[/QUOTE]

Ive been reading for like a year almost(really less because i didnt do **** with it in the summer) Rest marks are what **** me up... i always forgot over the line and under the line. Most of the time the bassclef stuff im reading funk stuff and theres alot of rests in those tunes. For the most part im reading treble, i play alot of melodies.

BassVirtuoso 01-27-2006 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=FenderJazz]How long did it take you guys to get comfortable with reading rythms (atleast to the point where you can figure it out in a normal amount of time, but not necessarily site reading)? Ive only been reading for a couple of months and I dont really practice it as much as I should. Sometimes I read/write and get it perfectly, but sometimes I get stumped.[/QUOTE]

Just practice. Eventually you will subdivide the rhythms without actually doing it, like a guitar pro measure playing in your head.

deemo 01-28-2006 12:52 AM

just slow it down, think it through and practice that. it's like learning the notes, once the notes become natural to you, you'll start getting rhythms more easily.

Mr. JazzMaster 01-28-2006 03:42 AM

Practice practice practice, i do it every day but that's becuase i'm trying to get into my schools music program

Soulfly666 01-28-2006 05:08 AM

When you guys play this, do you fret the G in the opening line, or do you play it open?

noblelumpkin 08-13-2012 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=FenderJazz;11267799]How long did it take you guys to get comfortable with reading rythms (atleast to the point where you can figure it out in a normal amount of time, but not necessarily site reading)? Ive only been reading for a couple of months and I dont really practice it as much as I should. Sometimes I read/write and get it perfectly, but sometimes I get stumped.[/QUOTE]

Hey I just stumbled across this thread and thought I could offer some good advice. If you want to get better at reading rhythms then do this, go out and get yourself a book for drummers called "Syncopation" by Ted Reed, Go through it with a metronome (the metronome is of paramount importance to this process) and count out loud as you do (also important). It has left and right hand rhythms that you do simultaneously while counting and it covers every possible rhythm in every possible arrangement, go through each exercise and master it then switch hands and do it again, if you do this properly for 20 min a day I promise you that you will be reading rhythms easily by the end of that week. It really really works, seriously. :)