Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Casual - Once more with feeling (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571968)

burtonbassist_102 03-25-2009 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=:amaze:;17142017]i have GAS. luckily, it's for a cheap, attractive bass.

[url]http://www.rondomusic.com/sjmbpbu.html[/url]

i'd just use it as a back-up, and i might use it in drop-d for a few songs.[/QUOTE]

i've actually been eyeing this one too:

[url]http://www.rondomusic.com/product752.html[/url]

although i wish that they made a fretted version... idk i might get this one anyways. i'm sure it'd beat the hell out of my current fretless.

BenJammin 03-25-2009 03:43 PM

[QUOTE=Spaceman Spiff;17142478]I really like the Tele body. I've never actually played one, which is why I haven't actually decided whether or not I want one. If I did want one, I'd have the cash tomorrow... this job is pretty pwn.[/QUOTE]

Teles are sweet. My bandmate/friend has one, and it's the shiz.

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2409/1989734072_c1f1f006ca.jpg[/img]

It's a RI, I can't remember what year, though. Transwhite with a maple fretboard.

Spaceman Spiff 03-25-2009 03:56 PM

Sweet.

So, I'm nearing the end of Paradiso, and, you were right, I've been quite bored by it. I really enjoyed Purgatorio. It was after I had read enough (Inferno) to really understand the language without having to go ridiculously slow, and it was just a really interesting part of his journey. I liked Inferno a lot, too, even though it was difficult adjusting to the language.

BenJammin 03-25-2009 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=Spaceman Spiff;17142598]Sweet.

So, I'm nearing the end of Paradiso, and, you were right, I've been quite bored by it. I really enjoyed Purgatorio. It was after I had read enough (Inferno) to really understand the language without having to go ridiculously slow, and it was just a really interesting part of his journey. I liked Inferno a lot, too, even though it was difficult adjusting to the language.[/QUOTE]

Haha, told you. ;) Inferno is still my favorite part.

Spaceman Spiff 03-25-2009 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=BenJammin;17142604]Haha, told you. ;) Inferno is still my favorite part.[/QUOTE]

I'm just trying to power through it now because there's no way I'm just putting it down without finishing it.

I'll need another book in a day or two. I'll find something on my bookshelf.

FunkMetalBass 03-25-2009 04:29 PM

I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't like a single instrument Fender makes, bass and guitar alike.

Buuuuut, the chapters prefacing Topology are up soon in my Non-Euclidian Geometery class, so that's exciting.

However, nobody cares.

So...

Sex.

Spaceman Spiff 03-25-2009 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17142654]I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't like a single instrument Fender makes, bass and guitar alike.[/QUOTE]

The Telecaster is pretty much the only thing I like by Fender. Ibanez is still bomb.

fatbandit 03-25-2009 04:47 PM

I do not like Telecasters. Our guitarist bought one and played it for a while. There was something just not right about it. Apart from it being ugly.

He sold it, and he was the one who liked it ;p

Might be better with better pickups. But its still ugly.

Spaceman Spiff 03-25-2009 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=fatbandit;17142695]I do not like Telecasters. Our guitarist bought one and played it for a while. There was something just not right about it. Apart from it being ugly.

He sold it, and he was the one who liked it ;p

Might be better with better pickups. But its still ugly.[/QUOTE]

What model did he buy?

Also, not ugly.

Spaceman Spiff 03-25-2009 05:20 PM

So, a spoonful of peanut butter makes a pretty awesome snack.

katana_manatee 03-25-2009 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17142654]I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't like a single instrument Fender makes, bass and guitar alike.

Buuuuut, the chapters prefacing Topology are up soon in my Non-Euclidian Geometery class, so that's exciting.

However, nobody cares.

So...

Sex.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you checked out Anki yet?

Using it to help memorise the Kanji (Chinese characters as used in Japan), got twenty completely memorised in a day, w00t!

I am sure you could find a use for it for mathematics and physics revision.

Sablate McNuff 03-25-2009 05:26 PM

[quote=Spaceman Spiff;17142757]So, a spoonful of peanut butter makes a pretty awesome snack.[/quote]

Peanut butter does not go well with cotton mouth, which is what I currently have.

Sablate McNuff 03-25-2009 05:28 PM

[quote=katana_manatee;17142769]Dude, you checked out Anki yet?

Using it to help memorise the Kanji (Chinese characters as used in Japan), got twenty completely memorised in a day, w00t!

I am sure you could find a use for it for mathematics and physics revision.[/quote]

Well, I was thinking it'd great to start compiling information for my physics finals. Also, it could help me memorize my axioms and propositions in Geometry. I don't have time now to use it. How long does it take ya?

Sablate McNuff 03-25-2009 05:35 PM

Somebody get JC to hurry up with that quote. I'm really anxious right now that it will be lower than expected. And if it is, I'll react irrationally and send him a $500 down payment. Haha.

Have you guys seen his latest works in progress? It looks like he's building a bass for Seth Horan.

burtonbassist_102 03-25-2009 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17142654]I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't like a single instrument Fender makes, bass and guitar alike.[/QUOTE]

i dunno, the music store i work at has one of their new jazz 24's. it's pretty freakin' sweet.

Gattsu347 03-25-2009 05:35 PM

celery + peanut butter + raisins

Spaceman Spiff 03-25-2009 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=Gattsu347;17142784]celery + peanut butter + raisins[/QUOTE]

Raisins? No thanks.

But celery + cream cheese is great.

katana_manatee 03-25-2009 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=Sablate McNuff;17142774]Well, I was thinking it'd great to start compiling information for my physics finals. Also, it could help me memorize my axioms and propositions in Geometry. I don't have time now to use it. How long does it take ya?[/QUOTE]

Depends how much information you wish to input but it does not take long to create a card, it is a very user-friendly interface. Just depends on how big you want your question and answer to be, otherwise it is pretty streamlined.

Best thing to do is as soon as you discover something new and want to keep a record for review, make a card and build up a deck over time. That is how this language learning method I am using works in terms of maintainence of anything I have learned and allowing me to retain what I have learned with minimal effort.

Sablate McNuff 03-25-2009 06:04 PM

[quote=katana_manatee;17142789]Depends how much information you wish to input but it does not take long to create a card, it is a very user-friendly interface. Just depends on how big you want your question and answer to be, otherwise it is pretty streamlined.

Best thing to do is as soon as you discover something new and want to keep a record for review, make a card and build up a deck over time. That is how this language learning method I am using works in terms of maintainence of anything I have learned and allowing me to retain what I have learned with minimal effort.[/quote]

Right. Sweet. How long are the review sessions? I imagine they are longer with bigger decks, but surely it doesn't go through the entire deck every time.

I'm going to finish my lab write up a bit early, so I think I'm going to start using Anki after this and get some geometry stuff in a deck.

fatbandit 03-25-2009 06:10 PM

[quote=Spaceman Spiff;17142717]What model did he buy?

Also, not ugly.[/quote]

USA Tele in natural ash.

katana_manatee 03-25-2009 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=Sablate McNuff;17142812]Right. Sweet. How long are the review sessions? I imagine they are longer with bigger decks, but surely it doesn't go through the entire deck every time.[/QUOTE]

You can have as many or as few cards as you want and can review the same cards how ever many times you like in a session, just state how many cards per session and how many repetitions as well as a time limit. Usually set to ten minutes and twenty cards with no reps.

I dunno what the time limit does though yet as I finish the review well before ten minutes are done anyway. I am doing a session of twenty cards with 3 reps and a twenty minute time limit. I can usually get a card within 10 seconds though.

If you have a massive deck and want to review only 20 cards then it will give you 20 of the ones you are doing least well with.

BenJammin 03-25-2009 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=Sablate McNuff;17142782]Somebody get JC to hurry up with that quote. I'm really anxious right now that it will be lower than expected. And if it is, I'll react irrationally and send him a $500 down payment. Haha.

Have you guys seen his latest works in progress? It looks like he's building a bass for Seth Horan.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it looks like crap. There's no way his lame instruments could compete with Seth's custom shop Warwick.

Sablate McNuff 03-25-2009 06:53 PM

[quote=BenJammin;17142873]Yes, and it looks like crap. There's no way his lame instruments could compete with Seth's custom shop Warwick.[/quote]

Of course not - Warwick has much better equipment, luthiers who have been in the business much longer, and a much heftier price tag.

If this really is Seth Horan's custom, then he knows what he wants (even though it's an ugly shape) and he wants JC's bass.

BenJammin 03-25-2009 07:02 PM

[QUOTE=Sablate McNuff;17142893]Of course not - Warwick has much better equipment, luthiers who have been in the business much longer, and a much heftier price tag.

If this really is Seth Horan's custom, then he knows what he wants (even though it's an ugly shape) and he wants JC's bass.[/QUOTE]

I believe Jared approached Seth, actually, about building the bass, so it's not like Seth actively searched him out.

He's a Warwick endorsee, anyway, so it's not like his custom shop would have cost him as much as it would a regular Joe.

:amaze: 03-25-2009 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=Spaceman Spiff;17142757]So, a spoonful of peanut butter makes a pretty awesome snack.[/QUOTE]

totally agreed.

Sablate McNuff 03-25-2009 07:28 PM

[quote=BenJammin;17142910]I believe Jared approached Seth, actually, about building the bass, so it's not like Seth actively searched him out.

He's a Warwick endorsee, anyway, so it's not like his custom shop would have cost him as much as it would a regular [b]Joe.[/b][/quote]

I see what you did there...Joe...clever.

And isn't the past tense of "search" sought?

Oh. Well, if Jared approached Seth, then that changes it entirely.

DaveSavesTheDay 03-25-2009 09:04 PM

[url]http://www.pinktentacle.com/2007/01/rare-video-of-dying-frilled-shark/[/url]

I think I would crap my pants if I ever saw one of these things.

One Groovin Clown 03-25-2009 11:25 PM

sup ladies?

Sablate McNuff 03-25-2009 11:32 PM

nm u

One Groovin Clown 03-25-2009 11:45 PM

Girl got home from surgery 2 hours ago. Day surgery for her gall bladder, she had gall stones for the past 5 months. Waking up in the middle of the night while she had severe abdominal pain was not fun.

Shes crashed and i'm bored.

yup