Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Sound Off (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502181)

YDload 11-20-2006 06:15 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13666703]you are kidding me right

so

objectively speaking here yd

you think its ok that mods can sit and childishly infract me for absolutely no reason at all, that the same mods can chose not to answer any of my questions but instead reply to me with posts consisting of nothing but bird noises because they think that is somehow funny[/QUOTE]

infractions are pointless, you're the one who takes everything more seriously than the mods. everyone is tired of listening to you bitch and moan about every little thing, you don't deserve answers. you don't deserve to post here.

[quote]lmao, don't flatter yourself; the irc channel is just a harmless e-hangout.[/quote]

oh, i thought there were different IRC channels :(

HeatoN 11-20-2006 06:16 PM

[QUOTE]infractions are pointless[/QUOTE]exactly my point

so why are mods giving them to me continually if they serve no purpose

because they are [I]trying[/I] to annoy me

sweboy 11-20-2006 06:17 PM

Come on HeatoN, this is not a democracy, there are no "Internet rights" or whatever. If you don't like the mods here, if you feel that you're being treated like sh[SIZE=2]i[/SIZE]t, just leave. Go spray some noobs or something. I'm not trying to diss you here or something, but come on, what's the point in bitchin' with mods?

bebubly 11-20-2006 06:17 PM

[QUOTE=YDload;13666693]okay but that was dealt with quite swiftly. but there aren't any bad mods NOW except for ones that have stopped showing up :([/QUOTE]

you are a terrible mod.

not really, :-*

YDload 11-20-2006 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13666739]exactly my point

so why are mods giving them to me continually if they serve no purpose

because they are [I]trying[/I] to annoy me[/QUOTE]

well i guess it worked because you are clearly annoyed!

Surgicalgod 11-20-2006 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=YDload;13666732]infractions are pointless, you're the one who takes everything more seriously than the mods. everyone is tired of listening to you bitch and moan about every little thing, you don't deserve answers. you don't deserve to post here.

oh, i thought there were different IRC channels :([/QUOTE]

sadly, no, there's only one! :( it's like the community thread except faster.

HeatoN 11-20-2006 06:19 PM

[QUOTE]Come on HeatoN, this is not a democracy, there are no "Internet rights" or whatever. If you don't like the mods here, if you feel that you're being treated like ****, just leave. Go spray some noobs or something. I'm not trying to diss you here or something, but come on, what's the point in bitchin' with mods?[/QUOTE]i like it here

i like the people here

i dont mind quite a few of the mods actually

but there is no excuse for some of the things that happen. its not democracy but if you act like the mods are infallible and dont have to answer for their actions then either nobody is going to want to post here or someone is going to want to do something about that

HeatoN 11-20-2006 06:20 PM

[QUOTE=YDload;13666754]well i guess it worked because you are clearly annoyed![/QUOTE]

stop dodging the point

semi 11-20-2006 06:21 PM

med came to irc once : D.
then chad thought it was me pretending to be med because we were on teh same ip and banned us : (.

Pete 11-20-2006 06:22 PM

so

you think its ok that mods can sit and childishly infract me for absolutely no reason at all, that the same mods can chose not to answer any of my questions but instead reply to me with posts consisting of nothing but bird noises because they think that is somehow funny[/QUOTE]

Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Yes.

Because (and get a load of this) [i]they're mods and you're not[/i]. This is not a democracy. You don't have undeniable human rights on this forum. There are no internet amendments. The mods are law. You obey them, and that's why they're there. You can waddle back and forth with your useless "objectively speaking", but the fact remains - the mods are appointed by the owner of this site to carry out site policy [i]at their discretion[/i]. You have no say.

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this concept. Are all hackers/trolls/idiots brainwashed with the whole "Land of the Free" crap and automatically apply it to forums on the internet?

Bad mods are, as proven several times, weeded out. It's a process, much like weeding out bad users. And if you've been weeded out, you're a bad user - as defined by the standards set by mods - [i]not by you[/i].

TojesDolan 11-20-2006 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=Sweboy;13666744]Come on HeatoN, this is not a democracy, there are no "Internet rights" or whatever. If you don't like the mods here, if you feel that you're being treated like sh[SIZE=2]i[/SIZE]t, just leave. Go spray some noobs or something. I'm not trying to diss you here or something, but come on, what's the point in bitchin' with mods?[/QUOTE]
Making a point.

Seriously, I don't think anyone who isn't on Chad's side is because they haven't had some interaction with him outside the forums, and all they have seen from him is the posts in Site arguing about something.

The newest theme was, the guitar forum subject.

But whatever, I have fun on the internets whether it's being hacked or not. Some mods, like Gav who allegedly spent whole nights erasing posts made by Chad and missed exams, or didn't make reports or whatever have no real explanation for what he does: "hey teacher I'm a mod on the internet and spent a whole night erasing nude old people because people feel offended about it".

So despite I take a lot of things seriously on the internet, I remain neutral. Let the wolves eat each other. :-|

The Haitian 11-20-2006 06:26 PM

so

Considering everything that you have done to the site, you should feel grateful that you even have time to post a complaint before getting banned again. If you need a reason then just look back at everything you have done here.

angry armadillo 11-20-2006 06:26 PM

[quote=YDload;13666732]oh, i thought there were different IRC channels :([/quote]
just 1 :/

HeatoN 11-20-2006 06:27 PM

um what

this has nothing to do with rights its to do with how the mods [I]should[/I] be behaving in a position of power
[QUOTE]"objectively speaking"[/QUOTE]um it was yd who said that i was mocking him :)

YDload 11-20-2006 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=FatPete;13666804]Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Yes.

Because (and get a load of this) [i]they're mods and you're not[/i]. This is not a democracy. You don't have undeniable human rights on this forum. There are no internet amendments. The mods are law. You obey them, and that's why they're there. You can waddle back and forth with your useless "objectively speaking", but the fact remains - the mods are appointed by the owner of this site to carry out site policy [i]at their discretion[/i]. You have no say.

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this concept. Are all hackers/trolls/idiots brainwashed with the whole "Land of the Free" crap and automatically apply it to forums on the internet?

Bad mods are, as proven several times, weeded out. It's a process, much like weeding out bad users. And if you've been weeded out, you're a bad user - as defined by the standards set by mods - [i]not by you[/i].[/QUOTE]

but that's not what we do. we're much nicer than that. i ALWAYS have to answer for every little thing I do. sometimes i re-open threads or shorten bans because i realize my error (or the users explain something i didn't see before).

you think too highly of the mods Pete :o

HeatoN 11-20-2006 06:28 PM

[QUOTE]Considering everything that you have done to the site, you should feel grateful that you even have time to post a complaint before getting banned again. If you need a reason then just look back at everything you have done here.[/QUOTE]haha you think the mods want me here

if they could get rid of me they'd do it in a heartbeat

im not [I]lucky[/I] to be able to post here, i want to post here and i can because i hold more power than the mods would like

TojesDolan 11-20-2006 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=FatPete]Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Yes.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like modship is something given to people for what they know, and not for their connections.

[QUOTE=Walter Skinner]Considering everything that you have done to the site, you should feel grateful that you even have time to post a complaint before getting banned again. If you need a reason then just look back at everything you have done here.[/QUOTE]

Make a list.

madeyadams 11-20-2006 06:30 PM

Yes, I think we can all agree that the hackings were funny at one point, but it got kind of old rather fast. These boards were made for a community to engage in coversatino with another via text. From what I can tell, there isn't really too much "shaping up" that needs to be done. Aside from GD and Site, there isn't really horrible behavior on these forums as to the extreme that Jeremy says. Every once in awhile there'll be reports of inappropiate pictures, but that always gets taken care of almost immediately.
The one big hacking on these boards was a one time thing, and yes, there have been little ones along the way, but its the internet and stuff like that happens.

thickasabrick 11-20-2006 06:31 PM

Hey I dunno if anyone really cares about what I think, but here's what I think.

I think too many people (even you mr. mx, actually according to your original post, especially you) are only looking at the negative aspects of this forum. Maybe it's because I don't spend any time in the pit, but I know for a fact that there are tons of great posters helping and teaching others in the Guitar Forum and in the Songwriting and Lyrics Forum. Sure there's a couple "troll attacks" every once in a while, but overall it's a really happy place where people discuss and learn about all the different aspects to guitar playing and songwriting and generally have a good time.

I also spend time in the Rock and Metal forum and there's tons of great posters who have no problem typing up a ten page bio on a band just to share knowledge and promote good discussion. Everyone is always learning about new great bands and it is definitely promoting kids/teens/adults on this site to look outside the Top 40 for good music.

Overall I think MX is a great place and I've been coming here daily since 2004. Sure I've probably broken the rules quite a few times but the mods are lenient in almost all cases and I think I've only been banned once.

I fully promote the mods cracking down on spammers and trolls and that seems to be a really "uncool" suggestion on my behalf but keep in mind the whole of mx is only about 5% spammers and trolls. If the mods tighten up "security" it's only going to make it a worse place for that 5% Think of the other 95% though, everyone makes this forums sound like it's some sort of hellhole, but it's really not when you think about it.

Pete 11-20-2006 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13666839]um what

this has nothing to do with rights its to do with how the mods [I]should[/I] be behaving in a position of power
um it was yd who said that i was mocking him :)[/QUOTE]

The mods [i]should[/i] behave exactly the way they behave. You're in no position to question them. You know why? Because you don't own this site. They have to answer to one person - mx/jeremy. Not to you, not to me, not to each other, not to God or whatever. This whole argumentation, and the whole "unban my account or I'll hack" rhetoric some moron used, is pointless. Because there is in fact absolute truth on this internet - the mods make the calls. They set the rules. To be blunt and pop-cultural - they're Judge Dredd.

I don't care which part of your statement I quoted out of context. Nothing changes the fact that no one has any business assuming that anything the mods/mx does needs to be backed up by just cause, or even reason. This isn't a democracy, no matter how you twist it. You want answers - sure, want all you want. But [i]no one owes you anything[/i].

Pete 11-20-2006 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=TojesDoLan;13666865]Yeah, like modship is something given to people for what they know, and not for their connections.[/QUOTE]

That holds no relevance. It's not about the why. It's about the fact that they are mods and they [i]are the law[/i]. How can you still not get it?

HeatoN 11-20-2006 06:33 PM

intellectual property is meaningless to some

i dont particularly care who owns the site

i am in a position to question it because i dont have to not post here, they cant just ban me like they can any normal user

im sure you can get tied up with law and specificities all you like

Pete 11-20-2006 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=YDload;13666847]but that's not what we do. we're much nicer than that. i ALWAYS have to answer for every little thing I do. sometimes i re-open threads or shorten bans because i realize my error (or the users explain something i didn't see before).

you think too highly of the mods Pete :o[/QUOTE]

Yes, you often do answer and explain. But it's not like you have to. It's not like there's some supreme court of MX to which you have to bring evidence. It's not like you [i]have to[/i] play by "innocent until proven guilty". Everytime you give someone the benefit of the doubt, everytime you explain yourself, everytime you answer a question, it's basically out of the goodness of your heart, and people should be grateful for it.

HeatoN 11-20-2006 06:37 PM

well if all mods acted like yd we would be fine wouldnt we

Pete 11-20-2006 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13666904]intellectual property is meaningless to some

i dont particularly care who owns the site

i am in a position to question it because i dont have to not post here, they cant just ban me like they can any normal user

im sure you can get tied up with law and specificities all you like[/QUOTE]

What? "Tied up with", what? You're still missing the point. Sure, you're in a position to question whatever you want. That doesn't mean the mods aren't the law. That doesn't mean you're right in any way, or that your questions are justified.

If anyones applying "law and specificities" to this, it's you.

The Haitian 11-20-2006 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13666839]um what

um it was yd who said that i was mocking him :)[/QUOTE]

You have no say in how the mods should behave. I post normal and *surprise* I have no problems with the mods or their behavior. If anything, I feel they could be harsher. It's mx's site though therefore it's his decision and no one elses. You should consider the possibility that [I]maybe it's you[/I].

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13666849]haha you think the mods want me here

if they could get rid of me they'd do it in a heartbeat

im not [I]lucky[/I] to be able to post here, i want to post here and i can because i hold more power than the mods would like[/QUOTE]

Well aren't you just a regular Billy Bad A[B][I]s[/I][/B]s. I'm glad you know how to google vb hacks.

[QUOTE=TojesDoLan;13666865]Make a list.[/QUOTE]

I have more important things to do than spend all night tallying up his crap.

[QUOTE=FatPete;13666890]The mods [i]should[/i] behave exactly the way they behave. You're in no position to question them. You know why? Because you don't own this site. They have to answer to one person - mx/jeremy. Not to you, not to me, not to each other, not to God or whatever. This whole argumentation, and the whole "unban my account or I'll hack" rhetoric some moron used, is pointless. Because there is in fact absolute truth on this internet - the mods make the calls. They set the rules. To be blunt and pop-cultural - they're Judge Dredd.

I don't care which part of your statement I quoted out of context. Nothing changes the fact that no one has any business assuming that anything the mods/mx does needs to be backed up by just cause, or even reason. This isn't a democracy, no matter how you twist it. You want answers - sure, want all you want. But [i]no one owes you anything[/i].[/QUOTE]
exactly

YDload 11-20-2006 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13666932]well if all mods acted like yd we would be fine wouldnt we[/QUOTE]

if youre not being sarcastic, then the answer is still no. some users will take their anger out on the forums no matter who the mod is that makes that first fateful ban.

HeatoN 11-20-2006 06:41 PM

[QUOTE]If anyones applying "law and specificities" to this, it's you.[/QUOTE]no its really you

you are saying ownership is the be all and end all

but you are dealing with a community here, and the fact is, if you want people to act reasonably you cant act like you think the mods should

form 11-20-2006 06:42 PM

who is heaton? &^)

Pete 11-20-2006 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13666932]well if all mods acted like yd we would be fine wouldnt we[/QUOTE]

We should be fine either way. The mods can act however they want to.

Can you explain to me what it is you don't understand about this concept? Seriously, I don't get it :confused:

I don't know who you are, if you're even one of the "problem users" this thread talks about, but all that the kind of argumentation that you lead mounts up to is "omfg some1 wuz m33n 2 me on internets bitch u betta explain urslef :angry: " because you're a snot-nosed brat who assumes this forum was meant as his commodity. It's all pettyness.