Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Casual - Once more with feeling (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571968)

FlamingCouch 06-08-2010 10:29 AM

Double/triple/quad post:

English teacher. Heheh, that's what Mom wanted me to be, after she wanted me to be a Doctor. I couldn't lose someone on the table, and I was never big into sciences/anatomy/whatever. And I can't stand the idea of teaching, though I admire teachers. They help mold and train the great minds of tomorrow (and my Grade 12 English teacher unloaded all kinds of leftist thought on my as[SIZE="2"]s[/SIZE] because I was the man who wanted to learn and further my thinkin's, unlike my classmates who just didn't care and kept their eyes shut and called Lloyd a retard behind his back). It's the groups of kids who just don't care that would kill teaching for me. not to mention that I just want to rock tunes and then dig ditches or wash dishes or fix cars or something.

But I always say it's a shame athletes (they come to mind most, as a lot of well-known musicians and actors come into the spotlight and then fade out again) get paid huge bucks, more than the doctors who fix them, the teachers who help shape their mind and the firefighters, paramedics, (good) cops and even friends/family who help keep them safe and sound. it disgusts me. but hey.

FunkMetalBass 06-08-2010 10:43 AM

What? You mean this country cares more about entertainment than the arts and sciences that, you know, further benefit society?

FlamingCouch 06-08-2010 10:44 AM

That almost sounds about right, doesn't it. Hmm.

Gattsu347 06-08-2010 10:55 PM

i just made a song that i sing on O_O

Spaceman Spiff 06-09-2010 12:21 AM

[QUOTE=Raayl;18021428]i'm happy to learn that not one guy at my work is optimistic about this **** country

not one of them believes they'll ever be rich

not one of them likes this country or the way it does business

[B]in fact, lol, my friend vern, who is a 41 year old black guy (and a really nice dude) told me yesterday
[/B]
i was like man vern, it sucks to be broke.

he was like "**** man, i was born broke"

then he went on to say

"yo man aint even worry bout that inbetween. you got a bunch more years to live but one day you'll die and go back to where you came from. [B][I]nothing.[/I][/B] aint even worry bout that inbetween."

and, although on the surface this comment seemed cynical, nihilistic, and depressing - its actually kind of hopeful, optimistic, and comforting. he's such a chill guy too, to hear him say something like that i was like "O_O"[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Nice subtle racism. I know this guy, and he's black BUT HE'S REALLY NICE!

funkyhoney 06-10-2010 06:07 AM

I just saw the A-Team movie. Yes I was pretty drunk and yes Liam Neeson kicks arse but it was v. average. Not enough content - action, story or humour to keep it going for 2 hours.

FunkMetalBass 06-10-2010 06:59 AM

Have you seen [i]Get Him to the Greek[/i] yet? How about [i]Kickass[/i]?

I've heard that they were both pretty good.

karmapavementplan 06-10-2010 07:20 AM

I just had a stroke of genius. I think I have to make a cover of "Take my breath away" by berlin, in the style of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHuzHSQ91oQ

funkyhoney 06-10-2010 07:22 AM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;18024973]Have you seen [i]Get Him to the Greek[/i] yet? How about [i]Kickass[/i]?

I've heard that they were both pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen Kickass but I've also heard good things. I will probably see Get Him to the Greek but I'm indifferent about it.

All I want to see in the immediate future is Harry Brown before it goes from cinemas. Prince of Persia has gotten a resounding "eh" so I won't even waste my time.

FunkMetalBass 06-10-2010 07:45 AM

Harry Brown?

funkyhoney 06-10-2010 07:53 AM

Michael Cain being awesome and killing people.

I don't think it got a huge release, it was made last year and I only found out about it in cinemas this week and it's finishing up.

FunkMetalBass 06-10-2010 09:02 AM

Hmm, sounds cool. I wonder if it was only an AUS release?

In other news, I'm downloading a book on speed mathematics. Boo-yah. Really sweet techniques in there.

Spaceman Spiff 06-10-2010 09:11 AM

Kickass was hilarious. I definitely recommend it.

FunkMetalBass 06-10-2010 09:36 AM

[quote=Spaceman Spiff;18025050]Kickass was hilarious. I definitely recommend it.[/quote]

It's only showing at a few places and at inconvenient times. I'll just wait a few more weeks for the DVD.

Spaceman Spiff 06-10-2010 09:38 AM

Nicolas Cage is great in it.

The movie also has a lot of surprising and funny moments.

karmapavementplan 06-10-2010 10:13 AM

Great movie. Drags a little in the middle though.

Spaceman Spiff 06-10-2010 10:57 AM

The first time he goes out as Kickass is hysterical.

FunkMetalBass 06-10-2010 11:26 AM

Is it anything like the movie [i]Special[/i]?

Spaceman Spiff 06-10-2010 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;18025133]Is it anything like the movie [i]Special[/i]?[/QUOTE]

I have neither seen nor heard of this movie.

Tell me about it.

whitesquares 06-10-2010 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=karmapavementplan;18024981]I just had a stroke of genius. I think I have to make a cover of "Take my breath away" by berlin, in the style of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHuzHSQ91oQ[/QUOTE]

No, I think you just had a stroke.

Wishful thinking on my part, anyway. :p

fatbandit 06-10-2010 01:49 PM

Kickass was great. Highly entertained by that throughout. Plus, anything that uses the "In a House, In a Heartbeat" track from 28 Days Later is a winner.

Harry Brown was out in cinemas here about 6 months ago, but I never got round to seeing it. Would love to though - saw it on DVD in a supermarket today but had no dollah on me.

karmapavementplan 06-10-2010 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=whitesquares;18025256]No, I think you just had a stroke.

Wishful thinking on my part, anyway. :p[/QUOTE]

Well that's just mean.

FunkMetalBass 06-10-2010 04:05 PM

[quote=Spaceman Spiff;18025140]I have neither seen nor heard of this movie.

Tell me about it.[/quote]

It may be called Special RX.

Basically, this guy takes an experimental drug and then believes that it gives him superpowers.
He then goes around fighting crime while giving the drug negative press. It's pretty good, I dare say.

fatbandit 06-10-2010 04:36 PM

so we need a new drummer. poup.

FunkMetalBass 06-10-2010 05:42 PM

poup-peree?

whitesquares 06-10-2010 10:03 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyBuCkj2DUg[/url]

Epidemechanical 06-11-2010 12:42 AM

so i haven't been on my comp in like 3 days now

why, you ask?

4 letters

[I]lost[/I]

how did i ever miss this show? [I]how did i ever miss this show?[/I]

PS, in before a gaykiddrugaddict posts "omg that show sucks im ELITE i know whats GOOD and that show ISNT GOOD"

k done nobody has to pretend they're better than popculture now

karmapavementplan 06-11-2010 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=Raayl;18026179]so i haven't been on my comp in like 3 days now

why, you ask?

4 letters

[I]lost[/I]

how did i ever miss this show? [I]how did i ever miss this show?[/I]

PS, in before a gaykiddrugaddict posts "omg that show sucks im ELITE i know whats GOOD and that show ISNT GOOD"

k done nobody has to pretend they're better than popculture now[/QUOTE]

I will agree with you lost is epic. Last episode dragged a bit with that whole, "we're all dead" **** though. Plus I can't help bit think that with what happened to locke, that it just made a waste of all the character development in the previous 4 or 5 series.

Spaceman Spiff 06-11-2010 09:42 AM

I don't know if Lost is any good or not because I just don't watch it. I generally stay away from TV altogether.

FunkMetalBass 06-11-2010 10:25 AM

[i]Get Him To The Greek[/i] was much better than I expected it to be. There were some scenes when all I could do was laugh.

I'd recommend it.