Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   July Metal Cover Competition! (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360020)

Stoic 08-02-2005 04:36 PM

[B]to philiop[/B]
ahh, yours is one of my favourites. It would be perfect if the vocals (started not to like them after a few listens) were a bit better but I understand that they're difficult to be done especially if you're a guitarist and normally dont work on them.

Joe 08-02-2005 04:42 PM

to Hendrix 92

There are a lot of quality problems, except I like yours the best. I really like you're tone and the drums are ok. It's a very creative version of the song. I like it a lot, and it might get my vote depending on the rest of the song and other songs.

Stoic 08-02-2005 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=gocaps99]to Hendrix 92

There are a lot of quality problems, except I like yours the best. I really like you're tone and the drums are ok. It's a very creative version of the song. I like it a lot, and it might get my vote depending on the rest of the song and other songs.[/QUOTE]

hell, his solos are incredible! He would sound perfect if he had the equipment but this is not really the point of the competition.

Joe 08-02-2005 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=Stoic]hell, his solos are incredible! He would sound perfect if he had the equipment but this is not really the point of the competition.[/QUOTE]

That one, RandyRhoads18, and maybe one or two others are my favorites

Stoic 08-02-2005 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=gocaps99]That one, RandyRhoads18, and maybe one or two others are my favorites[/QUOTE]

he's an awesome player too. I wonder whether he played the bass himself.

Joe 08-02-2005 04:53 PM

[QUOTE=Stoic]he's an awesome player too. I wonder whether he played the bass himself.[/QUOTE]

great tones both of them, I still need to work on mine and the quality. i'm getting cakewalk and mics soon so it'll be better

Stoic 08-02-2005 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=gocaps99]great tones both of them, I still need to work on mine and the quality. i'm getting cakewalk and mics soon so it'll be better[/QUOTE]

which song did you do again? Now, it's too late to fix it, isnt it? :confused:

Joe 08-02-2005 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=Stoic]which song did you do again? Now, it's too late to fix it, isnt it? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes it's too late.

I did Master of Puppets. Here's a link

[url]http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=310766&songID=2650775[/url]

Bobo said he would upload it onto the MX site tonight.

Muellator 08-02-2005 08:34 PM

im assuming you are reffering to me about the bass, unfortunatly no i didnt play bass that was my guitar teacher, but all the guitar

i do know the bass notes and all adn it would be pretty easy to play, but i play bass like once a year haha for 10 minutes

Joe 08-02-2005 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=RandyRhoads18]im assuming you are reffering to me about the bass, unfortunatly no i didnt play bass that was my guitar teacher, but all the guitar

i do know the bass notes and all adn it would be pretty easy to play, but i play bass like once a year haha for 10 minutes[/QUOTE]

When I recorded that song I just used a guitar to play the intro bass, because the intro just doesn't sound good with out bass. This is a really good recording, great job.

Muellator 08-02-2005 08:43 PM

i know what you mean without the bass, it sounds way out of place cause the bass is so significant with maiden, but im glad you liked it, thanks

BoboTheRagingHobo 08-02-2005 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=Stoic]^no problem Bobo, thanks a lot :)

EDIT

why dont Metaljonus's and The Emperor's entries count?

where can I see the results of past competitions?[/QUOTE]

Metaljonus made that cover before the competition was even started, and The Emperor wanted to remove his from the comp.

And there is one link in the first post about the last comp, and if you want to see the others just go look through Ramsey's threads.

Hendrix92 08-02-2005 09:26 PM

I just got a new recording setup, so I'll have better quality for the next comp!

Try my website [url]http://home.adelphia.net/~thegoodlife/[/url]
click on hendrix to see my new stuff

BeaZ 08-02-2005 09:34 PM

I was just listening to Berner's cover of 'Cowboys From Hell' the intro guitar riff sounded a bit weird. The guitar work is good, especially the solo, the drums don't sound great but that's not very important because midi drums are annoying. I didn't like the heavy vocals, I don't think they do Phil Anselmo's excellent voice justice but I did like that you put your own spin on the song, eg. the vocals :p I love Pantera and you did a good job of this song, voting is going to be very difficult.

philiop 08-02-2005 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=Stoic][B]to philiop[/B]
ahh, yours is one of my favourites. It would be perfect if the vocals (started not to like them after a few listens) were a bit better but I understand that they're difficult to be done especially if you're a guitarist and normally dont work on them.[/QUOTE]

yer i also began to dislike the vocals. however i have been growling properly for about 2 months now and would like to think that my vocals are better now than they were when that was recorded. do i still have time to do them again?

hoping the next comp is Brutal Death :D

Stubb 08-02-2005 11:20 PM

^Right on man, a brutal death comp would kick ****ing ***.

Berner 08-03-2005 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=BeaZ]I was just listening to Berner's cover of 'Cowboys From Hell' the intro guitar riff sounded a bit weird. The guitar work is good, especially the solo, the drums don't sound great but that's not very important because midi drums are annoying. I didn't like the heavy vocals, I don't think they do Phil Anselmo's excellent voice justice but I did like that you put your own spin on the song, eg. the vocals :p I love Pantera and you did a good job of this song, voting is going to be very difficult.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man. It was The Black Fist's idea to do the death vocals. I personally like them.

BoboTheRagingHobo 08-03-2005 01:35 AM

[url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374027[/url]

Voting thread, go vote! NOW!

Metaljonus 08-03-2005 05:42 AM

Well next comp I will most likely enter and hopefully some shred will be involved with the pick :D

evil ernie 08-03-2005 08:47 PM

gotta check this out