Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hardcore Community Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193593)

syrUsbilt 07-11-2004 12:44 PM

I've heard of them, I saw them on Audiogalaxy.com back when it used to work. I didn't like them though.

NewKindofArmy03 07-11-2004 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=DFelon204409]

*EDIT* I just read a new kind of army's post. [url]www.punknews.org[/url] is neat, no?[/QUOTE]
yeah, i go there everyday. and that band is awesome, i've listened to the songs nonstop. i'll buy their full-length when it comes out

NewKindofArmy03 07-11-2004 12:53 PM

and i would say dillinger is very fast techinical metalcore with heavy grind influences. they're a band where it's hard to slap a single label on them. i haven't heard much of them though.

Schecter889 07-11-2004 10:24 PM

What genre is Avenged Sevenfold?

syrUsbilt 07-11-2004 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=Schecter889]What genre is Avenged Sevenfold?[/QUOTE]

bad metal.

antixxx 07-11-2004 11:24 PM

MxC/GxC over HxC

ok first off, F*** hxc, its just P**SY brotherhood S**T. ok second, no straightedge bs. metalcore is for the gods. look at unearth, and look at hatebreed. oh yeah, hatebreed is hxc, thats for the dumbass that thinks they are metal. youd probably get your @SS beat if you said that over here. but yea, napalm death=death metal, not grindcore. grindcore is more like norma jean and glass casket. i think i have the strongest point of where to stand. especially saying that hardcore uses drop-d and c power chords WAY too F***ing much. which makes the music more simplistic, and more horrid.

antixxx = A-SxE = ASxE

antixxx 07-11-2004 11:26 PM

nintendocore? who made that bs up?

[QUOTE=DFelon204409]No way. Just because a band uses synth doesn't make them nintendocore. Nintendocore requires full awareness inn every song that the music you're making is ridiculous and it has to pay homage to Nintendo at all times. Horse the Band does that. That band Joshmay showed me does. The Locust does not. Those kids are just weird.[/QUOTE]

well, just look at underoath, the old S**T. not the new B*LLS**T, technical mxc with that synth twist, as also shown in bleeding through, not too tech tho.

ASXE(antixxx[A-SxE])

Let's Chop Cats! 07-11-2004 11:32 PM

Umm Hardcore bands generally use Standard or Drop D tunning. It's more metalcore bands that use Drop-C tunnings. Dropped tunnings really don't make music any easier or any harder. It all depends on who wrote it. Hell, Just King (accoustic guitarist) wrote a song in drop d (I believe) but you would never be able to play it.

Napalm Death practicaly started Grindcore. Assuming you didn't read the deffinetions we put up you should because they're correct. If you don't believe us go to [url]http://www.allmusic.com[/url] and look it up yourself.

Norma Jean are metalcore.

Schecter889 07-12-2004 12:13 AM

The chords in dropped D are usually easier but in hardcore the solos will own most other bands' solos any day.

Let's Chop Cats! 07-12-2004 12:16 AM

Hardcore doesn't really use solos. They use breakdowns.

Gotkookie 07-12-2004 01:16 AM

[QUOTE=antixxx]ok first off, F*** hxc, its just P**SY brotherhood S**T. ok second, no straightedge bs. metalcore is for the gods. look at unearth, and look at hatebreed. oh yeah, hatebreed is hxc, thats for the dumbass that thinks they are metal. youd probably get your @SS beat if you said that over here. but yea, napalm death=death metal, not grindcore. grindcore is more like norma jean and glass casket. i think i have the strongest point of where to stand. especially saying that hardcore uses drop-d and c power chords WAY too F***ing much. which makes the music more simplistic, and more horrid.

antixxx = A-SxE = ASxE[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHA, YOU ****ING NOOB, NORMA JEAN GRINDCORE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA,

Gotkookie 07-12-2004 01:17 AM

[QUOTE=antixxx]well, just look at underoath, the old S**T. not the new B*LLS**T, technical mxc with that synth twist, as also shown in bleeding through, not too tech tho.

ASXE(antixxx[A-SxE])[/QUOTE]
they were never technical, and im pretty sure you never heard their first 2 eps, only the 3rd cd, they didn't really use synths in the first too...

Gotkookie 07-12-2004 01:19 AM

[QUOTE=antixxx]ok first off, F*** hxc, its just P**SY brotherhood S**T. ok second, no straightedge bs. metalcore is for the gods. look at unearth, and look at hatebreed. oh yeah, hatebreed is hxc, thats for the dumbass that thinks they are metal. youd probably get your @SS beat if you said that over here. but yea, napalm death=death metal, not grindcore. grindcore is more like norma jean and glass casket. i think i have the strongest point of where to stand. especially saying that hardcore uses drop-d and c power chords WAY too F***ing much. which makes the music more simplistic, and more horrid.

antixxx = A-SxE = ASxE[/QUOTE]
i wanna rip on you again, hardcore never used drop tunings, some of the new stuff might, most of it is just down a step. Grindcore, haha norma jean, AHAHHAHAHAHA, you never heard real grindcore, norma jean = ****ty metalcore

TulipsAreBetter 07-12-2004 04:03 AM

it's cool because we can classify everything, right?

Death_Grind 07-12-2004 08:34 AM

hi i was wondering what you'd consider Amen I always thought of them as sort of Punk but they definately have some Hardcore influences and since their appearence on Headbangers Ball i'm kinda wondering what's up?

Death_Grind 07-12-2004 08:41 AM

Not to jump on the band wagon of ripping on Antixxx or whatever his or her name is, but the whole Drop D and Drop C makes hardcore sound horrid thing is crap. I mean hardcore is meant to be fast so the drop D and Drop C tunings were bound to come in i mean one finger power chords make it even quicker. But listening to hardcore is really not where the fun is. The fun is in playing it or going to live shows and going nuts while listening to it. It's really not a sit at home and listen to music.

NewKindofArmy03 07-12-2004 12:21 PM

is the band ed gein any good? they're playing at this place a couple minutes from me so i might go, but i never heard them.

Let's Chop Cats! 07-12-2004 12:33 PM

They're a grindcore band. If you can sit through there set it might be worth to check them out. They're playing Hellfest, so I'll probably watch them there.

NewKindofArmy03 07-12-2004 01:37 PM

they're playing with PsyOpus and i checked them out and they're really good, so i'll go anyway. do they have a website? i can't find it.

Let's Chop Cats! 07-12-2004 01:38 PM

Yeah I tried looking for a website awhile back, I don't think they have one.

NewKindofArmy03 07-12-2004 01:46 PM

nevermind, i found one. [url]http://www.ed-gein.com[/url]

Let's Chop Cats! 07-12-2004 01:48 PM

Hahahah, I feel like an idiot now.

shane italian 07-12-2004 02:14 PM

It used to be a cjb.net domain. I can't believe Champion/Comeback Kid sold out in Anaheim. Ticket reservations are for the handicapped.

Let's Chop Cats! 07-12-2004 02:16 PM

Just fake downsyndrom.

You all moved in now?

shane italian 07-12-2004 02:18 PM

Dude, I'm just gonna say I'm black, everyone feels sorry for those guys.

We move into our house on thursday, my dad's work is paying for the internet too. So I should be back here 24/7 next week.

Let's Chop Cats! 07-12-2004 02:19 PM

HAhahah

Awesome!

NewKindofArmy03 07-12-2004 02:20 PM

i might go to that show here. i hope it doesn't sell out, but i have time since it's not for another 10 days or so.

shane italian 07-12-2004 02:22 PM

I bet what happened out here was a ton of dumb girls bought ticket like 2 months in advance then forgot about to go.

Let's Chop Cats! 07-12-2004 03:54 PM

That bastard!

I have a different Family Guy avatar I want to use, but the file size is to big.

NewKindofArmy03 07-12-2004 04:21 PM

that sucks because if u got the kool-aid guy, you would have the best avatar on this site.