Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   lod (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573519)

El-Ahrairah 12-27-2009 04:28 AM

sup guys, merry xmas!

does anybody know "cage the elephant"'s 'no rest for the wicked'? awesome song

The_Mop 12-27-2009 07:44 AM

wouldn't happen to be the tune from borderlands would it?

mnemonic 12-27-2009 05:39 PM

my roommate was trying to play the slide acoustic part from that the other day

christ what a train wreck, it pained me to listen to that many out of tune and out of time notes

on a semi-related note, borderlands is awesome to play co-op. my 3 flatmates and I were playing it co-op a while back, pretty sweet stuff.

The_Mop 12-27-2009 05:51 PM

Yeah, borderlands is one of those few games where the plotline is terrible but the gameplay entirely makes up for it. Pretty ****ing awesome altogether.

motogrifo 12-27-2009 05:58 PM

express has nice stuff but the quality of the clothes isn't very good tbh, I'd rather go to other places for stuff that's meant to last

mnemonic 12-27-2009 06:05 PM

[QUOTE=motogrifo;17720841]express has nice stuff but the quality of the clothes isn't very good tbh, I'd rather go to other places for stuff that's meant to last[/QUOTE]

plus its expensive.

i like their dress clothes, i have a few dress shirts that fit me great, got them on sale. i'd never pay retail for that stuff.

Understanding 12-27-2009 06:18 PM

sup lod.

I joined a band back in august, but they're not at all serious, and now they're having a show in a few days with "original members" and i'm all "**** that"

Left Face Down 12-27-2009 06:47 PM

Been playing Borderlands and Forza 3 for the last week or so. Borderlands is good, nothing spectacular. Forza 3... the jury is still out on that one. I felt stupid, as originally I was like where can I buy cars and all that junk? I didn't realize that the whole race menu was a sub-menu I had to back out of.

The only thing I can say is I wish I could see all the races. It is like, it gives you 3 at a time or something and you just go with which ever. The only car I bought was the first one, they give you way too many cars. I haven't had to buy a new car yet. Though I'm only in the 2nd year.

[QUOTE=The_Mop;17720188]wouldn't happen to be the tune from borderlands would it?[/QUOTE]

That is it.

mnemonic 12-27-2009 06:54 PM

[QUOTE=The_Mop;17720829]Yeah, borderlands is one of those few games where the plotline is terrible but the gameplay entirely makes up for it. Pretty ****ing awesome altogether.[/QUOTE]

yeah, plus the names for things are hilarious

motogrifo 12-27-2009 07:07 PM

my ex works there, I get an automatic 30% discount

TriggerNYC 12-27-2009 07:46 PM

i dont wear express either. too preppy and guido for my taste. i only wear levis dickies and carhart pants. and most of my shirts are either hanes or have local bands on them and ****. and i dont wear flannel anymore bc that became a hipster thing. ****ing hipsters.

i used to wear **** from american eagle bc i worked there but then realized soon after i didnt like any of that **** so i stopped.

mnemonic 12-27-2009 08:56 PM

their tshirts are lulsy with the ugly designs. i guess i'm on their mailing list now, because i got some mini-magazine with some coupons on it a week or so back and what people were wearing in it was hilarious. tuxedo jacket with worn out black jeans? lulsy.

purple_hazer 12-27-2009 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=TriggerNYC;17720994]i dont wear express either. too preppy and guido for my taste. i only wear levis dickies and carhart pants. and most of my shirts are either hanes or have local bands on them and ****. and i dont wear flannel anymore bc that became a hipster thing. ****ing hipsters.

i used to wear **** from american eagle bc i worked there but then realized soon after i didnt like any of that **** so i stopped.[/QUOTE]

oh no i dun wnan wear this cuz its popurlar

Left Face Down 12-27-2009 10:04 PM

I'm not a fan of clothes that just have a brand across them tbh. Why do I want to buy a shirt that has "Hollister" (etc.) across the front. I mean, I'm buying an over priced t-shirt so I can be a billboard for some company? Pay me $60 a year and give me the t-shirt and I'll wear it at least once every two weeks. Give me 14 shirts and I'll wear them in rotation. Easy $840 (pending I get $60 per shirt) a year.

4yearpro? 12-27-2009 10:07 PM

boohoo. just wear the shirt

Left Face Down 12-27-2009 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=4yearpro?;17721237]boohoo. just wear the shirt[/QUOTE]

I have a slue of shirts that are mostly bands and LSU (my college), with the occasional plain colored shirt. Didn't pay more than $20 for any of them. My freshman year roommate loved Hollister, friggin rich family though. He goes off and drops $200 on two shirts and two jeans.

[size=5]F[size=5]u[/size]ck that![/size]

JoshIsNumber3 12-27-2009 10:10 PM

might as well abandon anything with a label at all on it. don't want to be a billboard for a company? abandon that computer you're using, get rid of your car, don't even touch that guitar again.

also lmao @ i dun wanna wear it because it's popular gtfo

Left Face Down 12-27-2009 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=JoshIsNumber3;17721241]might as well abandon anything with a label at all on it. don't want to be a billboard for a company? abandon that computer you're using, get rid of your car, don't even touch that guitar again.
[/QUOTE]

1) I don't mind supporting things I like. This would include bands I like, my college, Ibanez, Samsung, Sony, etc.

2) I don't support companies that charge me twice or even three times more for a shirt because it has their logo across the front. Taking up the WHOLE t-shirt.

3) I built my computer, with parts from companies I support.

It isn't a black and white thing... my jeans have a small tag on the back, which is usually covered by my shirt or belt if we want to get into it. I don't have "Lee" across my a[size=2]s[/size]s, crotch, or up and down my legs.

Get it now?

JoshIsNumber3 12-27-2009 10:15 PM

How much do you think brands such as Ibanez, Samsung, and Sony inflate their prices due to the simple fact that their brand is plastered on a particular product?

Left Face Down 12-27-2009 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=JoshIsNumber3;17721246]How much do you think brands such as Ibanez, Samsung, and Sony inflate their prices due to the simple fact that their brand is plastered on a particular product?[/QUOTE]

How much better quality products do they make than other companies? The biggest train wreck I can think of as an example is Dell. I support Sony, I buy Sony computers, and I pay a little more for that. Though I have a 5 year old laptop which still works while my friends have been through 2+ Dell laptops as they died on them.

So lets see, they payed $500-800 a piece for their laptops and I dropped $2k on mine. It is still running, and they've bought at least another Dell since. Dell does make some good products, they are all in the same price range as Sony too.

Why buy a cotton shirt with "Hollister" across the front for $30+ when you can go buy a cotton shirt from Fruit of the Loom for $5? Guitars, computers, any electronics you have to factor in build quality and support. Do you buy warranties for your t-shirts? No, why? Simple, you don't need it.

JoshIsNumber3 12-27-2009 10:22 PM

But is the manufactured quality of products between Hollister and Fruit of the Loom equal?

Left Face Down 12-27-2009 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=JoshIsNumber3;17721254]But is the manufactured quality of products between Hollister and Fruit of the Loom equal?[/QUOTE]

There is no criteria for comparing t-shirt quality. If I were to base it off of life-time then I'd have to site the fact my roommate bought new clothes every year and threw out the old ones. He never wore them until they needed to be thrown out.

I have an Offspring t-shirt from the Splinter tour, a 2005 Van Warp Tour shirt (which is too small now, but is still around), and plenty of other shirts which are 3+ years old. They never really "go out of style", and usually when I replace them it is because I got a newer shirt. I have 2 weeks worth of shirts which I go through and the newest ones are about a half a year old. They replaced my LSU shirts I bought my first semester, 5 years ago.

JoshIsNumber3 12-27-2009 10:31 PM

Uh, there are tones of criteria. Thickness of fabric, apparent softness, how the fabric stretches, etc.

Honestly, if an Offspring tour t shirt and a four year old Warp tour shirt are considered to never go out of style, the discussion ends right there.

Left Face Down 12-27-2009 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=JoshIsNumber3;17721264]Uh, there are tones of criteria. Thickness of fabric, apparent softness, how the fabric stretches, etc.
[/QUOTE]

Thickness of fabric, ok that is a new one. Apparent softness, I have some really soft George shirts from wal-mart that ran me $7 a piece which are at least equal softness to my old roommates' Hollister shirts. How the fabric stretches... well I don't know why you need to know that one. I mean, if it is to see if the shirt stays stretched after being stretched, I don't know, I don't go around stretching my shirts more than when I put them on.

What is wrong with wearing old band shirts any ways? At least I got mine at concerts. Love those AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc. shirts that are supposedly "retro" or something (sarcasm). At least they are different though. As I generally stated above, I don't mind small symbols. Ralph Lauren's crocodile doesn't bother me at all. It is just having some companies name take up the entire shirt, and be charged more because it is there.

JoshIsNumber3 12-27-2009 10:45 PM

i just know that when i see a guy wearing an ac/dc or offspring shirt all i can think is why would someone wear a rag with such crappy band on it. i think it is arbitrary to say well this symbol is small enough to where it does not bother me but however, this one is just too large and I hate it and then ignoring how much the symbol itself inflates the price. the crocodile on ralph lauren increases the price much more than Hollister's name plastered on the side.

mnemonic 12-27-2009 10:49 PM

i dont so much mind small logos from companies like RL because; one, its not the same kind of ostentatious branding that companies like hollister and A&F, etc use, and two, its kind of indicative of quality, as that is what RL is known for, while holister/A&F are known for overpriced garbage.

JoshIsNumber3 12-27-2009 10:52 PM

not like those OTHER brands!

Left Face Down 12-27-2009 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=JoshIsNumber3;17721283]i just know that when i see a guy wearing an ac/dc or offspring shirt all i can think is why would someone wear a rag with such crappy band on it. i think it is arbitrary to say well this symbol is small enough to where it does not bother me but however, this one is just too large and I hate it and then ignoring how much the symbol itself inflates the price. the crocodile on ralph lauren increases the price much more than Hollister's name plastered on the side.[/QUOTE]

So you don't like the band, which has very little to do with the t-shirt. If a band you like, and hence forth buy a t-shirt at a concert, uses the same company to make the t-shirts as The Offspring t-shirt which I would buy at a concert. Would you not buy the t-shirt because it was made by the same company? Deny it if you want, but in life the answer is probably no.

... and I definitely didn't say I own, or would buy, Ralph Lauren products. Though yes it is pleasing to me to see small logos compared to giant ones, just as The Offspring on my shirt is displeasing to you. Going back to my original issue, I don't see the point in paying two or more times the price for a shirt that I can't really tell the difference in because it has some companies name on it.

edit: Also, if you've ever worn a croc in your life you deserve to get shot in the face. I don't know WHY any one would ever want to wear something like that out side of their house... or really at all.

mnemonic 12-27-2009 11:20 PM

heading to the crocs store later wanna come with?

[IMG]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/313/866817302e35c768abe4ef3.jpg[/IMG]

Left Face Down 12-27-2009 11:24 PM

Man I once saw this guy with a smoking hot girl. He was wearing a pink Old Navy polo, tan shorts, and yellow crocs. I really just wanted to go up to the girl and ask her why in the hell she would go out with a guy who thinks pink, tan, and yellow are a good combination. I, by no means, know fashion and mostly wear jeans... but if the way you dress hurts other people's eyes when they look at you. Then you need to learn how to dress.