Fugazi
Furniture

by Well_Respected_Man USER (13 Reviews)
January 14th, 2005 | 7 replies

Joe Lally - vocals & bass
Brendan Canty - drums
Jerry Busher - second drums on Number Five

Overview
Furniture is an EP/single that Fugazi released just after The Argument. The material here are songs that had been played live but have not been recorded until this EP. I would say this is a must for any Fugazi fan especially if you like their older material more. Overall this is a cool EP I like to throw on when Iím in a rock out mood.

Furniture
A Fugazi classic live, Iíve heard previous live versions of this song and really enjoyed it but the studio take is much better. One of the most visible differences is the quality. The beginning distorted melody is high in the mix and then when the drums come in you get an almost radio friendly feel. ďThis is a song with no words ladies and gentleman, nobody can hear the missing. They just look at my mouth and look at mouth and say, hey man I know where youíre coming from, yeah BULL****!" Ha, yes, I love these lyrics, even though Ianís singing is not very up to par here, the song is still awesome.
Rating 4.5/5

Number 5
The hardcore highlight of the single, it wouldnít be very out a place on In on the Kill Taker. It also has some very similar qualities from End Hits, like the squealing guitar here and the tone on "Arpeggiator". The drumming is doubled giving a very full sound that sounds incredibly funky. The guitar parts are also incredibly strong too, great instrumental.
Rating 4.5/5

Hello Morning
Another stellar hardcore song. Guyís vocals are crazy, unintelligible, and slurred screaming, I love it. The start and stop dynamics are truly mastered and like all Fugazi songs the groove here is extremely tight. Basically this a faster and crazier Number 5 with vocals and Repeater like qualities
Rating 4/5

My instincts are giving me a high score, so there it is.

4.5/5 Defintley worth four dollars.