3 of 11 thought this review was well written
Van Halen is a band that redefined hard rock and almost all rock in general. eddie van halen did things on the guitar that were never even thought possible. They were also rather famous for their live shows especially for eddie and david lee roth's onstage antics. Even though they have switched numerous times between frontmen they somehow maintained their position in rock music.
1) 1984 - this is just a filler track its just a bunch of spacey noises. sort of a preparation for jump.
I'm not going to rate this.
2) Jump - This is a very popular Van Halen track. Probaly everyone has heard this at one point or another. It features a lot less emphasis on the guitar and more on the keyboards however there is a great guitar solo. this is a very poppy song as far as van halen standards go.
3) Panama- Another quite popular VH track. Quite a change from the last track while jump was a pretty poppy track while panama is a straight up rocker. Great guitar work by the wonderful EVH. most definitely one of my favorites :)
4) Top Jimmy - This song has a great intro some great harmonics is a great way to start off a song. After that the song really gets going. It starts to pick up the pace a tad and gets into a straight up rocker. This is a very good and very underrated VH song.
5) Drop Dead Legs - this is my favorite van halen song ever. has some of the best guitar work I have ever heard. I also really enjoy David's vocals on this track.Overall just an all around great track.
6) Hot For Teacher - Even if you are not a fan of van halen you have most likely heard this song or at least seen the video.starts off with some drumming and then goes into some signature EVH tapping which is done so well.Then there's that classic riff. Then you can hear David talking with a couple people about what the teacher is gonna look like this year. He just talks like that a couple times throught out the song. Then comes the guitar solo its pretty good its just not one of my favorite ones. Great Classic song. :)
7) I'll Wait - The song consists of keyboards and they're alright its just im not a fan of keyboards to start with.I mean some keyboards are alright at but this one seems to be pretty annoying to me. but hey..thats just me.Then the drums and vocals kick in but still the keyboards are the most noticeable thing in the song. Still has a very nice solo at the end...as usual.
8) Girls Gone Bad - Starts off with some harmonics kind of like Top Jimmy
, but then again not really. Then the song gets going and just doesnt let up from then on. From the ferocious guitar work to the drumming to the vocals its just an all around good song.
9) House Of Pain - This song doesnt really sound all that much like Van Halen. It actually sounds a lot more metal and what not. But its still a rather good song. And VH certainly put their mark on this one. This is a great way to close out a great album
Overall this is a great cd. I highly recommend it if your into Hard Rock or just Rock or Metal in general. They definitely put rock on a new level.
great album 5/5