Blink-182
Cheshire Cat

by TheRukkus USER (1 Reviews)
June 21st, 2006 | 98 replies | 22,259 views

Release Date: 1994 | Tracklist

This is Blink's first full-length album, and a great album at that.
Now it is time for the dreaded Track by Track!!!

1.) Carousel—4.5/5: This song starts out slow and ends with a bang. You gotta love the guitar work on the bridge, and the bass work on the second intro. The drum work was mediocre, but this was when Scott was still their drummer, so I cut them a little slack.

2.) M&Ms—4/5: This is one of my favorite songs on the album, The song starts out with a simple drum intro and then goes into a mini guitar solo by Tom. Not bad. Mark is far better than Tom singing. The lyrics are basically saying how much of a loser Mark is when it comes to love. Example: “My love life was getting so bland, there are only so many ways I can make love with my hand." Good song overall.

3.) Fentoozler—3/5: This song is alright. Not good, not bad. It was first released on Blink’s demo “Buddha." The vocals are good, the guitar is okay and the drums are fine. It’s pretty much just an okay song.

4.) Touchdown Boy—5/5: Right on! Another good song! This song has awesome guitar riffs and a semi-funny commentary interlude. The drums are great, and the song is great.

5.) Strings—3.5/5: This song is pretty good; I like all of the vocals, because they actually mean something. The drums are nice, and the guitar is superb.

6.) Peggy Sue—4/5: In this song, Tom sympathizes with kids and hating their parents. He says to “Hold in all your aggressions." This song is good, because at times, my friends and I could relate.

7.) Sometimes—4/5: Good song. It is a very speedy song, with more of a dark sound to it. Overall I like it. The guitar work is simple power chords, but that is what Tom is good at.

8) Does My Breath Smell—2/5: Okay song, the song is simply Tom complaining that he can’t get girls and when he tries, he’s “just a jerk with no excuse." The guitar is okay and the singing is horrid.

9) Cacophony—5/5: This song is superb. The bass intro is very nice and quiet sounding. For once Blink can pull off the slow song style. Then towards the end, the song speeds up and starts the rocking. Very versatile song.

10.) TV—4.5/5: Great song that totally rips on TV. “I never dreamed that I'd spend my days staring at some tube emitting cathode rays." Brilliant. The guitar is awesome and the drumming, once again, is all right.

11.) Toast And Bananas—4/5: This song was first released on Blink’s demo, “Buddha", and then was released on here. In this song, Tom is talking about this girl who likes him but he “couldn’t care less" of what she says. The guitar is very well thought out, and the drumming…need I say? Is okay.

12.) Wasting Time—5/5: This is by far my favourite track on this album. The guitar in the beginning is very good and the vocals are simply saying how Mark likes this girl a lot, but doesn’t know if he’s wasting his time.

13.) Romeo and Rebecca—2/5: I barely ever listen to this song, because it bores me to tears. The song is mostly lame power chords, and bad vocals by Tom

The Joke Songs:::

14.) Ben Wah Balls—4/5: This song has alright guitar, alright bass, and need I say? Alright drums. The lyrics are very funny though. The song tells a story about a man falling in love with a girl, and then finding out she is his daughter.

15) Just About Done—3/5: This song is kinda funny. They basically act like idiots, which is funny and continually say, “just about done with your butt, we’ll let you know hey!"

16) Depends—5/5: I love this song! The vocals are funny and they pretty much describe how they can’t control their bladders. “I’m sick of offending everyone I meet, I’m sick of crying myself to sleep on rubber sheets!"

Overall Album: 4/5
Lyrics: 3.5/5
Instruments: 4.5/5

<small>Remember: this is my first review. So go easy please.</small>

3.3

diego182
June 22nd 2006

this and dudre ranch are my favorite blink albums, wasting time is my favorite song of this album.

FenderUsa
September 23rd 2006

awsome review (y) This is my favorite blink album, it rules!

1.) Carousel
2.) M&Ms
6.) Peggy Sue
8) Does My Breath Smell
12.) Wasting Time

are my favorite tracks from this album

and Wasting Time is my favorite blink 182 song, i can play the intro perfect ;). Gj

emogangstascotty
July 24th 2007

This is my fav Blink record. It was the definitive 'Blink! I Really enjoed Scott's drumming and I wish to God he would return after Enema'.
The flim clip to M + M's is really funny try tracking it down if you guys can.

Robots8MyGrandma
December 10th 2007

i like the songs i've heard so far on this album, but i HATE it's cover art. it's just boring. now i luv the mark, tom, and travis show's cover hahahaha

tinathefatlard
December 10th 2007

^^ Your grammar is perfect except "regunion"

Next time try to appreciate a good band when you see one

Jackus
November 17th 2008

My fave Blink album Touchdown Boy M&M's and Wasting Time are some of the best Blink songs

DethThrasher
November 17th 2008

Yes u jackus

7even7tar7
June 27th 2009

Ben-Wah Balls? Depends? Wasting Time? Yes & yes & yes!

[e-bay suggestions: "Ben-Wah Balls Out the Ben-Wah!", "Snoob Dogg on the Bolo Batch", "Beat It", "https://twitter.com/7even7tar7"]

Athom
June 27th 2009

fuck your twitter.

Digging: Sad Lovers and Giants - Feeding the Flame

deathmetal101
October 2nd 2009

BEN WAH BALLS..... yea!!!

SephirothBlade
December 7th 2009

my fav blink album, loved it

Kronzo

October 28th 2010

rules

random
November 11th 2010

Well I guess it all depends...undergarments.

random