Run the Jewels
Run the Jewels 3

1.5
very poor

Release Date: 2016 | Tracklist

Review Summary: This Is Run The Jewels 3 And Maybe There's A Reason They've Used The Same Album Cover 3 Times. They're All The Same Album But This One Is Worse

Stereotypes are bad, especially within music, especially when discussing race, but sometimes there's groups of people that do nothing but make it excruciatingly hard not to perpetuate said stereotypes. Run The Jewels is one of those groups. They keep perpetuating the stereotype of “white rap”, and while that term shouldn't innately be a negative thing, RTJ makes it really hard to think otherwise.

These guys love not to change. These guys love to be redundant (Ha I'm An English Comedian). Run The Jewels loves making fast paced songs with a beat with more than a tinge of modern edm influence, mixing the hip hop head crowd that love them some fast words, and the EDM CROWD THAT JUST FEELS THOSE KICKS MAN. THEIR HEARTS BEAT AT THE PACE OF THAT KICK. Run The Jewels reaches the white audience, which isn't bad. I'm white. My other friends that listen to hip hop are white. My friend that listens to nothing but Rings of Saturn is white. A lot of white people compile the music listening audience. I lost my train of thought here's the next paragraph.

Run The Jewels appeals to the BORING white audience. You know whit.. sorry.. WHAT, *** the word white. I've seen a black guy listen to RTJ before; Run The Jewels appeals to the boring music audience. Point blank, period.

Lyrically, these men really don't have much to say. Killer Mike says ski mask at least 10 times on this thing. Probably a tad exaggerated, but seriously, the fact that most of the times, if not all of them, involve Killer Michael putting it on to commit some sort of rebellious crime (he's like 40) says a lot about what the man has to say. Its either, A. rebel crime crime marijuana politic, B. I rap good I rap good rap rap rap we make classic rap, or See. I TOOOOLD YOU EL-P, RUN THE JEWELS MOTHER ***DUEERRRRRRRR. As for El-P rapping. I could probably make up some other mockery of his lyrics if I could hear half of them over the noisy production on this thing.

His performance is mediocre and monotonous tough guy New York Accent as always.

Production. Too noisy. Not in the good way either. Not in the Sach-im-trying-to-blow-my-eardrums-out-intentional way. Like EDM kid got a MIDI, played around on fruit loops for the first time and TURNED THE SUB BASS AND PERCUSSION ALL THE WAY UP BECAUSE I LIVE FOR THAT BASS and then had the vox mixed half as loud to the point where half of the lines are hard to even comprehend.

Summary: Legend Has It has some fun parts. Cali Pinkerton has the worst hook of all time. It's fun to make the synth noise on Oh Mama with your mouth, but then he says notice me senpai. Yea.

huh

owen

notice me senpai

Digging: Miles Davis - Live Evil

December 26th 2016

I mean really the man has little credibility as it is but jesus christ

TheCrocodile
December 26th 2016

"Killer Mike says ski mask at least 10 times on this thing."

pos

Digging: Dark - Round the Edges

becomesmusical
December 26th 2016

Awful summary. The review doesn't fare much better, but hey, at least it's amusing.

TVC15
December 26th 2016

Not as good as the Darke Complex review but still an awesome review regardless

Digging: The God Machine - Scenes from the Second Storey

owen
December 26th 2016

fix the spacing issues and you're on par with the staff writers

TheMrAlexK
December 26th 2016

Pos because that summary lol

December 26th 2016

"Diabolical review. 'Dude is old and singing childish shit' Really? It's come to that? Come now."
1. Its not singing, its rapping, get it through ya head geezer
2. he's acting like he's on some odd future shit when he's a dad and has regular talks with sanders, shits just a tad ridiculous.
"wish i found this review amusing but"

damn every sput guy I was cool with gotta turn on me like that its way too real out here

"Not as good as the Darke Complex review but still an awesome review regardless"

damn I thought this was way funnier myself but thanks regardless :^

danielcardoso

Love your summary lol.

December 26th 2016

'if I could hear the...I said...if I could hear the lyrics over this noisy production'

Are you 90 years old? Damn this review is bad I'm going to stop analysing it now.

December 26th 2016

shut up go listen to yr easy listening guns n roses shit old man

December 26th 2016

"The summary is only saying the album sleeves are similar how is that positive feedback worthy - a hundred users have said that in the soundoffs already :/"

100 rappers have basically made this same album yet you still have this 5'd

December 26th 2016

Typical brainwashed Sput head - 'it ain't original or progressive it's worthless' wrong, that's no indication of quality

December 26th 2016

Typical Old Man - "if its not the same bullshit I heard at the watering hole in 1962, its bullpucky" wrong, all yr 5's have been outdone