Eighteen Visions
Obsession

by AsleepInChalkOutlines USER (1 Reviews)
January 14th, 2005 | 16 replies

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

This album sounds very different and more creative than the first. Its a big jump musically and some people might get it and some wont. There is a lot of variety but still a strong band. there a two different writers for this album than the previous. You can tell that they are trying to take the music to a different level. The catchy choruses and heavier riffs are are the source for the new sound. More than half of the album is singing in different prospective. There is a lot of melody singing and rock vocals that have a grunge like tone to them. there is still a lot of screaming but not quite as much as the last record.
Its good that they dident do as much screaming because the new style of music there going for it would seem like to much and forced and wouldent really fit in the songs. There are more heavier parts in this record with songs like "tower of snakes" that have very heavy double bass parts in the song. The riffs are like korn style riffs very low tuned and catchy. You can see that this album was takin more seriosly and a lot of colaboration and thought was put into it. The dvd that comes with it goes through there recording process and explains the sound which is everything i just said. I wouldent be surprised to see one of these songs on the radio. this is a great album and the new sound that they have really worked out.

I give it a 9 out of 10 :thumb:

If you want a description of each song I can do that also. I dident have very much time when I wrote this.

3.1
good

cbmartinez
July 13th 2004

Someone already did this. Search for a review before doing it.

AsleepInChalkOutlines

oh **** i dident know
ill just post this ****er on his thread

AsleepInChalkOutlines
July 13th 2004

oh **** i dident know. i'll just post this ****er on his thread

Bartender
July 15th 2004

I would've just merged the two, if you'd let me know. As it is, I'll just close this one.

If you hadn't enough time to do a track-by-track (or some sort of more in-depth review), why didn't you just leave off posting it until you did have enough time?

November 2nd 2008

This is a pretty cool album. Glad I took it back out for a spin.

Digging: Flesh Field - Strain

TheGreatD17
November 2nd 2008

Yeah, I was really into this when it came out. I still enjoy some of the songs quite a bit and I'll play it every once in a while, but it's too brief to be a very substantial album.

sspedding

Tower of Snakes is awesome

Digging: Venenum - Trance of Death

TheSpirit
July 27th 2010

The breakdown in Tower Of Snakes is awesome.

Digging: Grinning Death's Head - Blood War

sspedding
February 20th 2011

Tower Of Snakes is the whole shabang.

TheSpirit
February 20th 2011

I need to bump ma rating for this

February 20th 2011

Gotta listen to Tower of Snakes now, damn it guys!

accompliceofmydeath
February 22nd 2012

The more hard rock approach on this album kinda took my by surprise, but it works. Still prefer Vanity to this, though.

Digging: Nerf Herder - Nerf Herder

Shuyin
February 22nd 2012

this was cool at first, still listen to a song or two every now and then. nowhere near their older stuff tho.

accompliceofmydeath
February 9th 2017

Too lazy to make a new article, but looks like these guys may be reuniting: