The Prodigy
The Fat of the Land

by Dark Hero USER (5 Reviews)
January 14th, 2005 | 16 replies

Release Date: 1997 | Tracklist

Lineup:
Keith Flint - Dancer, Vocalist
Keith Palmer - MC
Liam Howlett - Music Composer
Leeroy Thornhill - Dancer

Smack My Bitch Up - Starts out with one beat and about every ten seconds it has another beat join in and it all sounds really cool. It has some lyrics in that get repetetive but it fits the song good. 4/5

Breathe - This is the highlight of the album, if you have not heard this song yet listen to it now, it's very cool, it's pretty different from any of the other songs on the CD, and it has pretty good lyrics in my opinion. 5/5

Diesel Power - This song starts out with like a drum beat mixed with some synthesizer, then Keith's vocals kick in, he starts rapping and it fits the song well although i'm not a rap fan but this song is alright. 3.5/5

Funky Shit - This song is instrumental just like most of The Prodigy's music. It starts out with a weird synthesizer intro, then other beats join in just like "Smack My Bitch Up" I didnt really enjoy the song the first time I listened to it, then after a few days of listening of listening to the CD I started to enjoy it, so give this song a listen a few times. 4/5

Serial Thrilla - The beat to this song is just plain awesome, the only bad thing about this song is the lyrics are repetetive. 4/5

Mindfields - At about 17 seconds into the song a very weird keyboard verse kicks in, then through out the song, the verse gets twisted up a little bit, probably my second least favorite song on the CD. 3/5

Narayan - This is my least favorite song on the CD, mainly because it's long and very repetetive. this is probably a song most people would skip over. 2.5/5

Firestarter - This is my second favorite song on the CD, mainly becuase it's very fast, it has lyrics that arent the same throughout the song. One downside though the song isnt that long. 4.5/5

Climbatize - This song is very unique, it has many different samples in it and some very good bass. It's long and worth every minute. 4/5

Fuel My Fire - Another fast song, has some lyrics, not much to say except for it's the shortest song on the CD. 3/5

Final Rating - 3.5/5

[url]http://www.prodigycenter.com/?history[/url]

4.2
Ryan W. (4.5)
One of the biggest albums ever created...

Deviant STAFF (5)
Ban this sick fire record!...

Meatplow (5)

Britain Invasions (4.5)

XsouthXcarolinaX

Good review :thumb:

Kaden
July 10th 2004

They have people in their band just for dancing?

br3ad_man

[QUOTE=Dark Hero]
Smack My Bitch Up - fits the song good. 4/5

[/QUOTE]

Fits the song well :evil:

Pretty good review though, it's a good album, I'll have to get it sometime, I used to have it on tape, but then I lost it.

Dark Hero
July 10th 2004

[QUOTE=Kaden]They have people in their band just for dancing?[/QUOTE]

Not anymore.

ibanezbass909
July 11th 2004

dude this is one of my favorite cds

incubliss
July 27th 2004

anyone seen the video to Smack My Bitch Up. such a clever video, had me bloody fooled.

anyway, a great cd, don't listen to it all that often, but when it's on i don't mind.

3.5/5

Rock'n roll
July 28th 2004

good album and good review.

Rock'n roll
July 28th 2004

I like Firestarter, Breath, smack my bitch up off the album.

joebass
February 12th 2006

Did Keith leave the group? I heard he did

joebass
February 12th 2006

Did Keith leave the group? I heard he did

ocelot-05
February 14th 2006

Since when were the The Prodigy?
I thought it was just Prodigy.This Message Edited On 02.14.06

Chillbeast
February 19th 2006

Man, how can you not dig "Diesel Power?" Maybe my second favorite track, just behind "Climbatize."

Your review is fine, but I'm just curious why you mention the quality of the lyrics so much on an electronic album with little emphasis on them, know what I mean?

"Freshly Baked"
March 11th 2006

Narayan a 2.5? eesh.

This is such a classic for me, I don't care what anyone says, i'll take this over Music For The Jilted Generation anyday.

MrHell
September 2nd 2008

Sorry, bad review. You didn't get much into detail with the songs. This album is brilliant, and doesn't deserve anything below 4.5.

Mindfields, Narayan & Diesel Power are excellent tracks. This Message Edited On 09.02.08

September 2nd 2008

Yeah i'll probaly up this, this is a great album.

Digging: Pharmakon - Abandon