Most Precious Blood
Merciless

by baldfacesinder USER (1 Reviews)
May 12th, 2006 | 7 replies | 3,325 views

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Most Precious Blood Are A New York Hardcore Band, This Being Their Third LP. Released In '05.
Currently The Band Members are:
Rob Fusco: Vocals
Justin Brannen: Guitar
Rachael Rosen: Guitar
Colin: Drums
Matty Miller: Bass

Ok, the album kicks off slowly with the epic synth into to Shark Ethic before a drum roll, which kicks straight into the verse, Fusco's vocals are different as they are arent really growls, more high pitched screams, but you can still hear what he's trying to convey.

Throughout this album only one word comes to mind and thats brutal, once you think its gonna soften up it never does, this is no fuss non stop hardcore.

The Second Track kicks straight back into the brutality with a fast drum fill before kicking in, any worries that the new drummer would change anything (this is drummer No#9 now) have been crushed. He puts in some good fills throughout the album, and is not obsessed with the double kick, he puts it in to a better effect,

Driving Angry is the only song with melodic vocals at the start as a harmony, but they are by no way going soft, this has a good breakdown chorus with fusco bellowing 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'.

Damage Control Freak is pretty simiilar as is most of the tracks but they know what they are good at and stick to it, this has a good gradual build up, and keeps the pace for the album. Fusco's vocals are as angry and pesismistic as ever saying 'shove your ***ing love'.

All The Tracks Continue In This Fashion with the usual verse chorus cerse breakdown style, until the epic track 13: temporary solution to a permanent
problem, which starts with a intro a of priest talking to believers about the end of the world , before kicking in
ending the album with the priest saying 'what will you do in your last moments?'
as fusco bellows out the last scream.

The Rest of the album is filled to the brim with various prank phone calls and laughs by the guitarist justin with such things as Ringing up labels mates Hopesfall and asking them if they would like to be on a cannibal edition of Fear Factor, which the surprising answer of yes they would be up for it.

OVERALL
Pros
+ Good Production
+ Good Drumwork And Lryics
+ Although The Guitars Are Simple They Do The Job Well
+ Non Stop Brutality (if Thats your cup of tea)

Cons
- The bass hugs the guitar work and rarely gets a chance to shine
- fusco's vocals never change from the same scream throughout the whole album
- most of the songs are hardly experimental and stick to the usual formula with most being under 4 minutes (but that being said who wants an experimental most precious blood)

But Overall An Excellent Album A Tad Bit Better Than The Previous Album
'Our Lady Of Annihilation' .
That was my frist review tell us were i can change and improve thanks

SGlove
May 12th 2006

I think these guys were from my hometown

Confessed2005
May 12th 2006

I vaguely remember downloading something by these guys ages ago. Might be interesting to check them out again.

kno_kontrol
May 12th 2006

sorry, but this review was quite dissappointing. You ventured much too far into blow by blow territory. Try and give more of an overall feel for the album as opposed to a description of what happens.

spoon_of_grimbo
May 12th 2006

i really dont see why the original artwork got banned. it was a really unrealistic looking dead face. great.

MadnessUnhallowed
July 12th 2008

This is a great album. I really like the lyrics as well. Some good hardcore.

Phantom
October 3rd 2008

Started listening to these guys again recently, its still really good.

Apparently they're writing some new material.

whitedevil66ers
October 30th 2013

it's average for a kick ass hardcore act.