Big Time Rush
B.T.R.

1.0
awful

by Wesley T. Jones USER (10 Reviews)
March 26th, 2015 | 37 replies

Review Summary: Someone had to do it.

I think we can all agree pop music has taken a massive turn for the worse over the past few decades. Pretty much every single pop act over the last decade has been the same thing: preppy, trendy, 20 something boys/girls singing 2-3 minute puppy love anthems that dominate the charts and are consistently shoved down our throats. Big Time Rush, a boy band manufactured by Nickelodeon (of all companies) jumps on this bandwagon to create one of the most generic pieces of music (I.e. Noise) ever.

First off, I would like to put a fact out there: I have actually listened to this album. My sister has this CD and she used to play it on loop in the car all the time. So, believe me when I say their is absolutely nothing redeemable about this CD. It is comprised mostly of songs from the TV series of which the band derives from. The show sucks, but the music is pure sh¡t on a stick.

Okay, that may be stretching it bit. The album does one half-decent moment on the track "Boyfriend" where some fairly catchy instrumentals show up. But aside from that, the song, like everything else on this CD, is bland, cheesy, and painstakingly generic, and the verse from Snoop Dogg (Yep.) doesn't make it better.

The overall biggest problem (aside from everything obvious) about the CD is the four vocalists in the band, Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Carlos Pena, & Logan Henderson. They have no power blending/harmonizing their voices, and on their own each members' voice is mediocre at best. They heavily rely on autotune in EVERY song, which says enough on its own.

Well, I've pretty much said what I need to say. Unless your a 9-12 year old girl, don't buy this CD. Unless your a sexually confused little boy, don't buy this CD. Unless you have severe brain damage or an IQ of -10 or lower, avoid this CD at all cost. Unless the Loch Ness Monster was discovered and ate your ears off, don't buy this. I can't stress it enough.

Eh, at least it's not BrokeNCYDE.

Green Day International SuperhitsKid Rock First Kiss
Green Day American IdiotNirvana In Utero
Nickelback The Long RoadWeezer Make Believe
1.6
very poor
recommended by reviewer
Whatever It's all the same anyway

HolidayKirk
March 25th 2015

"I think we can all agree pop music has taken a massive turn for the worse over the past few decades."

I do not recall being surveyed for this.

"preppy, trendy, 20 something boys/girls singing 2-3 minute puppy love anthems that dominate the charts"

This is every single era of pop music in modern history.

"First off, I would like to put a fact out there: I have actually listened to this album."

I usually listen to the albums I review as well.

"My sister has this CD and she used to play it on loop in the car all the time."

I guarantee she has better taste in music than you do.

Brostep

[Will Robinson dissents]

WesleyJones

@holidaykirk point taken

VaxXi
March 25th 2015

> Unless your a sexually confused little boy, don't buy this CD.

Homophobic? Check.

Look, I can understand if someone was having problems if it was their first review. My first ever review on here wasn't pretty at all, but after ten reviews and you're still doing a worst job at talking about an album than the average youtube commenter, which seems to be what you were aiming for. You only brought up one valid point and then brushed on every other thing you said with no detail because you wanted to make cheap shots at other things instead of the subject matter at hand.

Not trying to be rude, but this is worst than the Punk Goes Pop review that was posted the other day.

Arcade

I guarantee she has better taste in music than you do. [2]

Digging: Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit And Think, and I Sometimes I Just Sit

Mutantsnowstorm
March 25th 2015

"I think we can all agree pop music has taken a massive turn for the worse over the past few decades. Pretty much every single pop act over the last decade has been the same thing: preppy, trendy, 20 something boys/girls singing 2-3 minute puppy love anthems that dominate the charts and are consistently shoved down our throats."

r/lewronggeneration

psandy

Good Music Taste-Having Man Makes the Statement of 2015

deathschool
March 26th 2015

Great review! I'll check these guys out. You make them sound right up my alley.!.

Digging: Death Grips - The Powers That B - Part II: Jenny Death

TheMoonchild
March 26th 2015

Someone got cocky after his Kid Rock review.

Digging: Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Keyblade

GOAT

Tunaboy45
March 26th 2015

Remember when music was good?

Digging: Bjork - Vulnicura

PrefrontalCortex

Those were the days

Digging: Opeth - Blackwater Park

Pangea
March 26th 2015

This is honestly not that bad

Digging: Mister And Mississippi - We Only Part To Meet Again

NakedSnake
March 26th 2015

These guys always struck me as being wack as fuck even by tween pop tv star standards, and yet they still have millions of genuine adoring fans and what not and it blows my fuckin mind.

NakedSnake
March 26th 2015

Also the song Worldwide is hilarious because it sounds like "We're WHITE!"

SnakeDelilah

>calling an album a CD

Digging: Loma Prieta - I.V.

TheSonomaDude
March 26th 2015

'The album does have half-decent moments'

1.0 awful Someone had to do it

Digging: maudlin of the Well - Bath

Aftertheascension
March 26th 2015

I'm pretty sure brokencyde are more talented then these guys. at least will never die is half decent.

Aftertheascension
March 26th 2015

I want my virus in green, please.

wtferrothorn
March 26th 2015

Finally, someone else who see how SHIT p0p music is nowadays! Everything is garbage now! I was totally born in the wrong generation, since I missed so many great bands, like The Shaggs, The Archies, Starland Vocal Band, etc. Music was so much better before the 2000's! XP