Interpol
El Pintor

by Jake Kannel USER (1 Reviews)
August 31st, 2014 | 25 replies

Release Date: 09/09/2014 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Burn your Joy Division T-shirts, there's a new sheriff in town.

Wow. Seeing as I am younger and a newerought a tear to my eye. I can safely say I never was bored with this album, like I tend to be trying to immerse myself inh strong opening tracks or singles just throw out the rest of the album with worthless drab, and this was such a great change.

I think what really kept me interested thrhingly well, there are little to no problems with this record.

Dan H. EMERITUS (4.5)
A new animal, a new work of art....

YetAnotherBrick (3)
too much consistency, too little identity...

oahmed (4)
New York cares. So should we still....

August 31st 2014

i wish people would stop making these dumb joy division comparisons

review is ok, tho it looks more like a sound-off that got out of hand (won't neg)

go into detail with some individual tracks and explain what makes them stand out from the flock and why this record is so special. (you only get to your actual point in the last paragraph)

What i gather from this review is: interpol is back in form because they once again play rock and rock is awesome. (and it is not possible to like JD and Interpol at the same time)

Digging: Damien Rice - O

adr

that summary smh

August 31st 2014

people who wear joy div t-shirts have never actually jammed joy div tho :D

August 31st 2014

yeah, it's just like ramones

August 31st 2014

i had to stop wearing my joy division shirt cos people would come up to me and tell me how much they liked the wombats.

Digging: Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory

August 31st 2014

LOL p sure i've told this story already but i saw this dude in a club in a joy div shirt and got all excited and went over and asked him what's his fave joy div song and he went bright red and admitted he didn't know any before scurrying off into the crowd

rat bastard!

August 31st 2014

I'm inclined to petition for an intercontinental law whereby purchasing a joy division shirt requires you to prove you know at least 6 joy division songs, and one of them cannot be "love will tear us apart", and "blue monday" doesn't count.

sounds good arcade!

jake dude sorry for derailing your thread here

some pointers on your review: try to avoid so much first person and irrelevant chit chat

a conversational tone is nice but nobody wants to hear about how old you are and how long you've been a fan of the band etc - for
the purpose of a review it simply isn't important

that said you got some decent ideas in here just gotta go about presenting them in a more effective way

keep writing man!

:]

August 31st 2014

I wouldn't say derailing, Interpol are probably the biggest joy division cover band going Lol

WhiteNoise
August 31st 2014

"people who wear joy div t-shirts have never actually jammed joy div tho :D"

Hey! You leave me and my faded and ratty looking unknown pleaseures T-shirt alone! :D

StallionMang
August 31st 2014

"Burn your Joy Division T-shirts, there's a new sheriff in town."

Um no fuckin thanks

jefflebowski
August 31st 2014

ugh, so much undeserved hype over this

August 31st 2014

jeff, we are supposed to disagree on everything.. get a grip

jefflebowski
August 31st 2014

empire burlesque is the best dylan album and everyone who says otherwise is a wanker

happy now?

August 31st 2014

yes, now you are finally making sense. self portrait is his album for sure

totallyjake
August 31st 2014

boo hoo, i described it as burn your joy division shirts, big deal it was a joke, lets not take things so seriously. And thanks to anyone who gave me advice.

boo hoo

Funeralopolis
August 31st 2014

why is there some sort of phenomenon where people wear joy division shirts but don't listen to them, I don't get it. I actually kind of want to get a joy division shirt cus unknown pleasures is one of my favourite albums but I feel like there is a 'that guy' label applied to people who wear one.

Digging: Fleet Foxes - Crack-Up

LepreCon
August 31st 2014

Not difficult to be better than their last album. People who wear tees of bands they don't even listen to as a fashion statement should be put to death.

August 31st 2014

they should be made to wear earphones