Hello Kitty Suicide Club
^_^

1.0
awful

by Dalton DuBois USER (29 Reviews)
August 8th, 2014 | 508 replies

Review Summary: Come come kitty kitty, you’re so shitty shitty, please go kitty kitty, get the hell away from me

Once in a blue moon, bands come along with a bold new idea for a genre; amalgamating styles that people wouldn’t have considered to be even remotely possible. Expectations are naturally polarizing, with endearing support and rabid opposition. With a band name intended to cause controversy and album covers that exemplify the random and quirky nature of internet subculture, it was rather clear that the public opinion would be negative right off the bat. So with the weight of being one of the determining factors in the overall reputation of the genre in question “Digigrind”, what does Hello Kitty Suicide Club bring to the table? Well-

Fuck.

Let’s st- you know what, fuck it. This review is going to be as blatant and as edgy as the very ethereal existence of this load of garage band produced garbage. You have two types of songs on here, songs utilizing pseudo-electronic elements with a very poorly implemented Nintendo influence, and pseudo-grind instrumentals that are not only poor in variation, but also poor in composition. The production quality is roughly equivalent to the cleanliness of the surgical quality in The Human Centipede. Tracks such as “Paris Hilton Jihad” and “Charizard Uses Flamethrower up Blastoise’s Vagina” are examples of the very ear gouging nature of this album, a very poorly produced grind / electronic mix that literally reeks of Mac book Speaker Syndrome permeates your ears, there’s no bass to speak of, you can barely make out the guitars as actual guitars, and the overall blend is so screechy even Skrillex wouldn’t bother sampling some of the sections as the sounds for his signature voices before drops.

The vocals are reminiscent of Jacob Bannon (Converge) and Se7en (brokeNCYDE) if they had a magical baby that then took copious amounts of salvia and proceeded to record audio logs of Jeff x Slenderman fanfiction in harsh vocal form; in other words, they make Dot Dot Curve’s harsh vocals sound like Frank Sinatra. They’re so poorly produced that you can’t tell if any production has even been done, rumor has it that the vocals were recorded with a guitar hero microphone, and that’s an insult to the crafting quality of those mediocre devices.

In short, there’s not much else to say about this album because there isn’t much to this album other than what I’ve said up there. Digigrind is one genre that I’ll approach with more caution the next time around, all thanks to a band that literally made me twitch when first heard the vocal performance.

Blood on the Dance Floor Blood UnpluggedMatty Mullins Matty Mullins
Celldweller End of an Empire - Chapter 01: TimeSoundtrack (Film) Transformers - Age of Extinction
Soundtrack (Anime) Code Geass R2 OST #2Black Veil Brides We Stitch These Wounds
1.2
awful
Jared Floryan (1)
Min'na saikō arigatō, k-k-k-kill me, k-k-k-kill me!...

ASnideReturns
August 8th 2014

Feast your ears; I bequeath to all of you this review as my welcome back to Sputnik present now that I’m back.

Insurrection
August 8th 2014

The vocals are reminiscent of Jacob Bannon (Converge) and Se7en (brokeNCYDE)

the movie is forever ruined now

Digging: Soen - Tellurian

ExplosiveOranges
August 8th 2014

Man, you gotta get past the swear filter.

Digging: Bloodbath - Grand Morbid Funeral

EDIT: Never mind

Digging: Quicksand - Slip

Mort.
August 8th 2014

digigrind was around before this band snide

Digging: Warren of Ohms - The Wolf and The Fox

August 8th 2014

This is the future of metal right here. Ten years from now, we'll all look back on this record and view it as a pivotal turning point in heavy metal's evolution as a genre

heh

Froot
August 8th 2014

tbf, this album is hilarious

Digging: Aphex Twin - Drukqs

ASnideReturns
August 8th 2014

Snake you little shit, you killed the 0.9 average rating. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

SkaCali

agreed

Digging: D. Tiffany - S/T

August 8th 2014

Well I guess it's time to give it fake ratings lol

August 8th 2014

i deleted my rating, i didn't want to get my ratings wiped

Mort.
August 8th 2014

snide these guys didnt start digigrind pls fix its distressing me

MrSirLordGentleman
August 8th 2014

So this album is serious?, I thought it was a joke album, but with that average

Digging: Jungle - Jungle

BMDrummer
August 8th 2014

I don't want to bring up the average by rating this

Digging: Fugazi - First Demo

ChoccyPhilly
August 8th 2014

It's not quite in the "so bad it's good" realm yet

Digging: Shade Empire - Omega Arcane

CelestialOuroboros
August 8th 2014

I tried to give this a review a few times, but then I realized, "Fuck it! This one album scrapes the very bottom of the ugliest barrel so badly, what's the point?" Nice review, buddy-boy.

MrSirLordGentleman
August 8th 2014

And how do manage to give an album a 0.5 anyway?