Kenny G
Breathless

1.0
awful

by DrJohn USER (22 Reviews)
August 4th, 2014 | 22 replies

Release Date: 1992 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Major Affective Disorder: Pleasant Type

Dr. Richard .P Bentall submitted a six page report in the journal of medical ethics in June 1992. A proposal to classify happiness as a psychiatric disorder.

I 'm sure that at least once, you have succumbed to a case of a ridiculously happy person mumbling about the “Joys of Life”, why you shouldn’t feel down, without him even knowing why you have the blues or even worse; when you don’t!

No, I'm not talking about buddies who offer a helping hand or a much needed conversation to snap you out when appropriate. I'm referring to the random dudes and dudettes in the elevator, the office, the classroom or at the coffeehouse coming at 8.00 in the “morning” in your face stating that it’s a beautiful day… just because the sun happens to shine outside. Though technically caffeine hasn’t yet worked its way to my system and I’m unable to differentiate “the end of night”, I do not care to argue that a day has 24 hours and you may ***ing die during the 16 remaining, so YOU DON’T KNOW THAT THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY… and neither should you care to argue fellow readers.

You don’t argue with the ones born happy, because when you do they get “sentimental”. They wear a smile 24/7 365 days a year and when they talk the smile gets bigger, a grotesque sight indeed.

P. Bentall among other argued that Major Affective Disorder: Pleasant Type, meets all reasonable criteria for psychiatric disorder, to sum it up he states that the above disordees reflect abnormal functioning of the central nervous system, resulting to a lack of contact with reality. The scientific community dismissed his notions, basically; happiness is harmless they said. Yes… we didn’t argue that your average pleasant type can harm you as in “dead on the spot” harm you, but he can certainly get into your nerves ladies and gents of the psychiatric community. He can get into your system faster than caffeine, hence the point is; they are dangerous with regard to our mental state… not theirs.

Furthermore, P.Bentall noticed that a mere 5 percent of people scored maximum points in experiments tackling life-satisfaction… Breathless sold around 13 million copies in the US. A happy 5 percent with Major Affective Disorder: Pleasant Types with Kenny front spot.

Today, while ordering my regular black one, Ricky, the barista at the local coffee house noted. “Well, you look curiously happy today…” Realising on the mirror behind the bar a grotesque smile crossing my face I answered, pointing at the cup he placed in front of me.
“The little Joys of life my friend! The little joys of life…”

I didn’t tell him Dr.John, but I had a dream last night …at the background the album closer “The wedding song” reverberated while the reverend, took a procession of 13 million followers – Kenny now Guyana front row - a trip down to Jonestown, sparing musical “homeland” for the rest of us… That is what can happen to our mental state because of your pleasant types being let loose. I therefore urge you good doctor; use your connections to reach the heads of the Psychiatric community! Convince them to re-evaluate the proposal of Dr. Richard P. Bentall! Please...