I See Stars
New Demons

1.0
awful

by FuggetAboutIt USER (2 Reviews)
August 1st, 2014 | 17 replies

Release Date: 10/22/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: I SEE STARS are back angrier than ever and they’re ready to party. The question is, will you join them? Hopefully not.

Having trouble deciding between listening to electronica or hardcore music? Don’t fear! You can listen to a hybrid of both of that shit! It’s undeniable that these two genres together will either work beautifully or suck fucking dick, but with the right amount of each, you’ll have a masterpiece. With that being said, I introduce you to I SEE STARS’ newest, and gayest release, ‘New Demons.’

Each song is fueled with an angry kick unleashing shitty head-banging beat. The album opens with ‘Ten Thousand Feet’, which mirrors the Harlem Shake with a synth twist. This lengthy track puts it all on the table, a heavy beat, great clean vocals and a gay edge. It’s a clear indication of where the rest of the album is headed. They’ve created a fusion of genres, in turn bringing forth their own faggy spin on things. ‘Follow Your Leader’, is even better than its preceding, with the feel that the band have found their footing in this new shitty genre.

At times while listening to this release I found myself thinking I was listening to a more retarded Blessthefall release with the clean vocals akin to their own Beau Bokan. With these thoughts aside I began getting into the tracks and couldn’t stop myself from nodding my head to the beat like the sack of shit that I am.

A standout track ‘Murder Mitten’ serves the right amount of electro-pop and hardcore. This blend is almost addictive, leaving me coming back for more. With lyrics ‘Do you hear me now? Screaming at the top of my lungs all night!’, the band can rest easy knowing, they’re being heard this time. It’s hard not to listen with the power being amped through this song right into your tiny dick.
‘Judith Rules’ another great track, slows the mix down, but not completely. Despite the slow down, this song is still capable of an honest rocking-out. As the song ticks to the end, the album throws us into the punch filled ‘Boris The Animal’, which sets us back into gear again and shits in your ears.

Kicking to a close with ‘Who Am I?’ the band shows us just that. Belting out lyrics ‘I’m a whole lot different than I look on the outside’, the band has thrown themselves at another chance. They’ve undeniably progressed from their earlier music and this as their fourth album shows what may be their strongest material yet. Even then, this shit still sucks ass.

derpstinlikesmusic2 (4.5)
An incredible album that just steers shy of being one of the best for 2013. If you get sick of it, y...

Jarred Gandel (4)
New Demons. Less Suck....

Participation
August 1st 2014

i pos, but only because i dont like this band

^ wtf?

Digging: Sun Kil Moon - Benji

Salvidian
August 1st 2014

Kinda track-by-track-ish and there's no real conclusion. Your wording gets obnoxious in parts, so you should probably try not getting so extreme.

Sabrutin

This... this is gold.

Digging: Riot V - Unleash The Fire

August 1st 2014

^ your new avatar rocks.

titanslayer
August 1st 2014

Kinda strange that this would get two reviews in one day

August 1st 2014

Nah... we live in perilous times.

i'm really confused -_-

How's that Delilah?

August 1st 2014

He had this has a 4 when it was posted now it's a 1.

ExplosiveOranges

^ This.

Digging: Winterfylleth - The Divination Of Antiquity

Betray
August 1st 2014

"Even then, this shit still sucks ass."

Kinda like this review.

Digging: Between the Buried and Me - Between the Buried and Me

^^^
Why... this is most irregular.

OwMySnauze
August 1st 2014

Finally, a rating I can agree with.

KjSwantko
August 1st 2014

I feel like I'm reading an old school KILL review except with better grammar. Pos.

FuggetAboutIt
August 4th 2014

meanies

Aftertheascension
August 15th 2014

I can see why people would give this a 2.5 but anything lower than that is just crazy. How the hell is this a 1?