Korn
Take a Look in the Mirror

by barosjn USER (20 Reviews)
April 18th, 2006 | 6 replies

Release Date: 2003 | Tracklist

I saw the other blurb that was posted and I'm guessing I can do better at topping that blurb off. KoRn were amazing with their first three albums; which were self-titled, Life Is Peachy, and Follow the Leader. The band then went into new directions with Issues and Untouchables. Both albums didn't work out for KoRn, so they decided to bring back their old sound. This makes what I'm blurbing now, Take a Look in the Mirror, the Saint Anger of nu-metal. "Right Now" is a spectacular opening track and sums up what KoRn have been before See You On the Other Side in one song. "Did My Time" and "Everything I've Known" were good soft songs to be hits, but the tunes "Counting On Me", "Alive", and "I'm Done" are astounding album cuts that fit the atmosphere of the two hits well. "Play Me" almost sounds like "Right Now", yet Nas encorporates some good rhymes for this unexpected collaboration. The best song on the album though is "Y'All Want a Single", a catchy track that says the f-word ninety-three times in the lyrics, but managed to get a good dose of airplay and become one of KoRn's most famous songs. The other tracks that I haven't mentioned are either filler or are average songs for the inventors of nu-metal to write, but if you liked old school KoRn, this release from new KoRn might be the closest thing to a resurrection of that sound.

Ween Chocolate and CheeseQueens of the Stone Age Lullabies to Paralyze
Korn See You on the Other SideSystem of a Down Hypnotize
Limp Bizkit Significant OtherRed Hot Chili Peppers Californication
good

Neoteric
April 18th 2006

I agree with a few things that you say but not the rating.

barosjn
April 18th 2006

I thought this was a good KoRn album, but this band can do better.

Cravinov13
April 18th 2006

I think the rating works. Sure it's not Korn's best, but it is by no means awful in anyway

songwriter67
April 7th 2008

Your in 20 reviews and you write THIS?

I Do agree this is the St. Anger of Nu-Metal, except that is the PUBLIC PERCEPTION of St. Anger, it's better than it's perceived to be. But this is just pure shit.

dannyboy89
March 25th 2012

Your in 20 reviews and you write THIS?

^This