Falling in Reverse
Fashionably Late

2.0
poor

by Outkast150 USER (10 Reviews)
July 13th, 2014 | 60 replies

Release Date: 06/18/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A disappointing piece of work to success their "decent" debut.

Debuting with their album, “The Drug In Me Is You”, Falling In Reverse found themselves placed in either a loved or a hated position. However with their sophomore album, “Fashionably Late”, a rise of hate can definitely be seen in a lot of the fanbase. Especially since the lead singer, Ronnie Radke, had decided that he would like to add rap and other influences to their pop rock.

Their first single for the album “Alone” showed a meld of horrible electronica mixed with Radke’s terrible rapping and self-absorbed lyrics. If you hadn’t heard the single but had began listening to the album at the start you would hear every mistake that could possibly be made. The first track “Champion” could be arguably the best song off the album, which is not saying much. It starts out fine, good vocals by Radke and decent instrumentals by the band but then it reaches an awkward turn of events after the second chorus. Radke begins to rap and it wouldn’t have been such a problem if it wasn’t for the conceited lyrics and long length of the verse. Just because a rap is fast doesn’t entirely make it good.

The same problem can be seen in the track “Rolling Stone”. It is comparably the same as “Champion”. Different instrumentals but same type of vocals done by Radke. Once again after passing the second chorus, Radke busts out an awkward rap surrounded by dubstep sounds and leads into an electronic breakdown. This track isn’t just disappointing because of the rap but the lyrical content ending it. “And the game fears me like a motherf*cking wife-beater”.

The band seems to have lost what maturity they did have especially when listening to the track “Bad Girls Club”. This song shows how inconsistent and off the album really is. The song features this horrid electronic beat with Radke singing gleefully about more or less tragic situations involving a girl. Truly an assault on the ears. The breakdown features Radke singing with girls singing as if they were cheerleaders. This song sets the bar very low for the rest of the album.

Even on some of the most horrible albums you can still find a track that is tolerable. The track “It’s Over When It’s Over” still featuring an electronic surrounding around the beats and Radke’s raps it comes out as one of the best songs on the album. Radke’s lyrics not being too self-absorbed and not adding any major unwanted turns in the music. Not changing the beat to something even more electronic. The chorus and bridge are probably the best parts of this song when Radke tells someone “it’s over” and just leaving him be. Comparing to the debut “Fashionably Late” is truly disappointing and shows how low Falling In Reverse is sinking.

Recommended: