The Rocket Summer
Hello, Good Friend

by random USER (25 Reviews)
July 11th, 2014 | 3 replies

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Review Summary: One of the happiest albums you'll ever hear, Bryce Avery displays his talent in an effective manner.

If there was ever one word to describe The Rocket Summer's music, it would be "happy". In fact, this album has so much happiness in it to make Pharrell jealous. The Rocket Summer is the stage name of Bryce Avery, who plays all of the instruments heard on this album. Musically, he plays a style fusion of piano rock and emo-pop. Despite the emo tag, his optimistic lyrics shine through each song on the album. "No, this won't be a sad song/there's going to be claps and singing along." he sings with exuberance in "Around the Clock" I first discovered his music through the snowboarding game Amped 3, and I cannot thank 2K Sports or Indie Built Development enough for introducing me to his general positivity. This music sure fits well with performing Melon Breakfast Rolls to Stiffies over the mountains of Snowbird, Utah with a fictional Hindu/Buddhist character named Sebastian. Anyway, The Rocket Summer ahs played grueling tours with Relient K, Ash (Northern Ireland), and Mae. Those arts have felt the Southern Hospitality of Bryce Avery's music and lyrics.