Thousand Foot Krutch
Set It Off (Remastered)

2.0
poor

by theblackcredenza USER (2 Reviews)
July 1st, 2014 | 17 replies

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Album to lead a generation? Black Credenza thinks so, and so does The Thousand Foot Krutch and Slip-n-Slide Records. Probably my favorite album when I was frowning up as a kid. and to this day still isnt as good.

Okay, lets get one thing straight. Thousand foot krutch is not just a rock band! They also rap, and do the metal, and hop hop and country and jazz. TFK (as just the fans like to call them) are a rock band that do all kinds of awesome music! thats why theyre my favorite! And this review will tell you why this album is so good!

The year is 2001 and Trevor McNevor (the main singer) is has an idea to start a rock band! His favorite influences are clearly Rage against the Machine and maybe Korn for heavier stuff. You can hear that in the riffs of songs like 'Up Comes Down'. Very heavy metal like the two aforementioned music acts.
But he also is very influenced like Go Radio and Sleeping With Sirens because you can hear the pop punk influence in down home tracks like Come Along.
And then you have the rap influence like Kendrick Lamar and Easy-E with songs like Rhime Animal and Brother John.

Thats why TFK is so good! They have favorite influences and they use them all!
Okay so time to talk about all the songs piece by track...

1. Everyone Like Me - Good! Its a heavy metal song with a message but I don't really like it.

2. Intro - My second favorite song on the album because its a rubble rouser. Gets me pumped, gets my ire up!

3. Puppet - Not so good. TFK rights some cheesey songs once in a while for goofs. And this is definitely a goof song because it's about puppets. It makes me laugh and its my 3rd favorite song of all time.

4. Supafly - His raps are good in this song. And it makes me like them even more now that I Know he can rap as good as he can sing. The beat is sub par and I think its boring.

5. When In Doubt - This is a song he wrote for his girl fans that he said in an interview. Its not the rock n hard rock that us guys like. It doesnt have the balls his metal songs has but he wrote it for the girls so I like it. 5 Stars

6. Rhime Animal - Great not good

7. Unbelievable - Sampled from an old R.E.M. song this might be my least favorite track on the album depsite how good it is!! Definitely check this one out!

8. Up Comes Down - Another head smasher of a metal jam! Not really about anything. Mostly about getting the party started so I hated this one Because im not a big partier.

9. Come Along - Is another good example of his California roots and I know this because he mentions california a bunch of times in the song.

10. - 16. All perfect TFK rocks songs except for 4 of them

17. Boring as hell but probably my 4th favorite song because its's a good palate cleanser.

18. The Alternative Song - Its tongue in cheek, its ironic and I love it! TFK shows his rapping prowess and heavy metal guitar expertise on this anthem of a closer! Buy this song! 3 Stars

Okay so obivously this is my favorite album from when I was younger. I had a TFk (the Thousand Foot Krutch) tshirt from a long time ago that I wore to school all the time so If that tells you anything then I think you know how much I love this album! One of the best of all time and an amazing first album to start the career of a band that continuously cranks out best seller albums and always stays true to the fans because the fans always come first and I like every TFK album I heard please subscribe and feedback would be good! thanks

3.1