Black Sabbath
Master of Reality

by Lithium2112 USER (1 Reviews)
January 14th, 2005 | 13 replies | 3,328 views

Release Date: 1971 | Tracklist

1: Sweet Leaf (5/5)
Awesome song to listen to and to rock out with. Great guitar and bass riff. Yea... I think Ozzy is talking about weed. Lol, Just a guess.

2: After Forever (5/5)
The intro of the song starts out very different than the actual song. It fits really well though. One of the heaviest songs on the album with a theme of life after death.

3: Embryo (2/5)
Another strange intro featuring violin playing... kinda medieval-ish, I dont really like it... but its only 30 seconds long so hey it doesnt matter. I also took off points because of the shortness.

4: Children of The Grave (4.5/5)
A Sabbath classic. A lot of different sounds (featuring a really ominous ending). Another hard track. Really cool drumming (especially if you listen to it with headphones).

5: Orchid (4.5/5)
Another breif instrumental... about 2 minutes long but still pleasing. It has some quick acoustic guitar playing.

6: Lord of This World (5/5)
Starts out very hard rocking. There is some melodic sounds too. Great Guitar/Bass Solo.

7: Solitude (5/5)
Ahh... a very calm song, extremely slow and melodic. Some people think of sabbath as nothing but metal, but they aren't just metal, they have great slow stuff.

8: Into the Void (5/5)
Awesome song. Starts off with a extended instrumental intro. Ozzys vocals are amazing. Quite heavy too.

Overall: 4/5

user ratings (2057)
4.4

Badmoon
June 24th 2004

****! Beat me to it. Well, good review :thumb: and great album :thumb:

Lithium2112
June 25th 2004

man, i couldn't believe it hasn't been done already

br3ad_man
June 25th 2004

Decent review, excellent album, crappy cover/album art

:thumb:

mike88564
July 19th 2004

Uhh......in my opinion, the best albums in order are master of reality or sabbath bloody sabbath (can't decide), black sabbath, paranoid, vol. 4, sabotage, technical ecstasy then never say die. PLEASE don't make sweeping statements, cos it really gets on my goat. It was silly to give embryo 2 smilies. VERY silly, cos there's nothing wrong with the track (HOW CAN A TRACK BE TOO SHORT??), and because you did that, the album had 4, when you KNOW it deserved more. But not a bad review. Good on you for taking the time to review it.

Badmoon
July 19th 2004

^What a cluster of useless rambling.

it really gets on my goat.

you have a goat? :p

(HOW CAN A TRACK BE TOO SHORT??)

It doesn't fit the expected length.

AfroMan
July 19th 2004

I haven't got any Sabbath albums so I was happy to see this review when I scrolled down the page. To be honest your review hasn't dramatically influenced me in any way to go out and buy the album although I will take it into cosideration.

Nice attempt though:thumb:

mexicanfloydian
July 19th 2004

Good review, you could have included information about the band, but it's fine. by the way, great album.

Broken Arrow
August 25th 2004

This is probably my second favourite to Paranoid. Very good album though

DimebagDarrell
August 25th 2004

sweet leaf is about weed so good guess :Thumb:

themightyquinn23
September 6th 2004

Decent review. I don't own this album, but I have heard Sweet Leaf, which is my favorite Sabbath song.

keep on phishin'
September 6th 2004

this is my favorite sabbath album
good review

Archie
October 19th 2004

[QUOTE=Lithium2112][img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002KDO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

Review for Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality

Released: August of 1971

Band Members:
Vocals: John "Ozzy" Osbourne
Guitar: Tony Iommi
Bass: "Geezer" Butler
Drums: Bill Ward

1: Sweet Leaf (5/5)
Awesome song to listen to and to rock out with. Great guitar and bass rif. Yea... I think Ozzy is talking about weed. Lol, Just a guess.

2: After Forever (5/5)

3: Embryo (2/5)

4: Children of The Grave (4.5/5)

5: Orchid (4.5/5)

6: Lord of This World (5/5)

7: Solitude (5/5)

8: Into the Void (5/5)

Overall: 4/5
This is one of my most cherished albums, A little on the short side though (the whole thing is 35 minutes long) but still worth your money. Very heavy with a soft side as well. Some people say this is Sabbath's best album, but they are wrong, all of their releases are so good its hard to pick the best one. Master of Reality is certainly a contender. :wave:[/QUOTE]

I agree. Master of Reality is awesome!!!!!!!!!!