King Fantastic
Finger Snaps And Gun Claps

by Tyler Dalkey USER (2 Reviews)
April 8th, 2014 | 6 replies | 433 views

Review Summary: Unapologetic thugs, Killer Reese One and DJ Troublemaker, keep it real

Killer Reese One is a criminal. As he says in his song, Why? Where? What?, he's "been to the box twice over gangsta shit", though as contributor Nathan Flynn points out, the man is currently in jail, meaning he's been incarcerated three times. But not every hood rat is half as talented as this killer rapper. Always in tune and often in your face, this is gangster rap -- not for the faint of heart.

Stop Fucking Playing is, most would argue, misogynistic, while off the bat, The Lost Art of Killing shows off Reese's twitch ("But there's only so much testin' I can take before I break and I expose my weapon"). Always intimidating, he loses no time cutting to the chase. Reese has a style that resembles Ludacris and beats that never stop popping.

For most, however, the album highlight would be Bonfire Sessions, playing off of motif's from Afroman's 'Because I Got High'. Taking a break from the pump-up beats, Troublemaker lays down a playfully electronic intro that persists throughout. "I'm not stressin god bless smoke sessions", a welcome 420 friendly change up that is a cult classic among tokers.

Another highlight, Westcoastsynthesizerbeachbumgangstermusic, is King Fantastic's ode to Los Angeles. Namedropping Venice Beach and Silver Lake, "LA! Clap your hands for this shit" is as catchy a refrain as any that have hit LA in years.

Reese is scheduled to be released on April 24, so expect more things from this duo.

( http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2012/03/06/venice-rapper-killer-reese-one-says-facebook-posts-tweets-lyrics-used-against-him-in-court )

April 8th 2014

rusty and short. o well.

steveaoki
April 8th 2014

"Keep a quarter ounce at my house at all times never know when I got to get bombed out my mind"

-Steve Aoki

April 8th 2014

I'm not braggin i'm confessin

FromDaHood
April 10th 2014

ayyyy got the shout-out

April 10th 2014

of course. it's cause you were clever

EaglesBecomeVultures