John Coltrane
Blue Train

by Zack USER (23 Reviews)
March 1st, 2014 | 19 replies | 820 views

Release Date: 1957 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A perfect album with no flaws, just magical and beautiful musicianship. ''It's an absolute 5/5''

John Coltrane is widely known as one of the most influential jazz artists of all time. His pure and unpredictable sax playing, he connects each track in tenor form perfectly and the way he presents himself as a band leader. Being in many different quintets as a side member. John Coltrane wanted to make music from his own perspective, but do in such passion and beauty To make the recording of Blue Train, be as magnificent and golden to anyone’s ears. Coltrane shows a great value of energy and emotion, the way he pursues his sax solos, rhythm and tempo, to match a very talented backing band. It’s almost unreal on how every song can sound so well put together with tons of variety, equally powerful musicianship and how each musicians shines on every song, With only being 5 tracks, Blue Train is lengthy but it takes you on adventure every time, your eyes will bring you back in the 1950’s with a pleasure of time and strength, you wish that time would of never ended. From Blue Train to Lazy Bird, each song has a very dreamy atmosphere that is always a memorable way to feel and see.

The music on Blue Train is quite exceptional, Each brass instrument crashes, with sweet and smooth sounding with unpredictable variety from each member. The brass is very unique and beautiful, it’s a define shiner, every song shows perfect brass musicianship, I love how so contrast and dynamic each member plays and pursues so much emotion and gratitude to everyone’s ears. The percussion/bass is pretty overlooked, Paul Chambers and Philly Joe Jones, never skips a beat and slap on any track, just very on timing and addicting grooves and rhythms, The bass playing and drumming is one of the most satisfying things I have ever heard. My favorite moments on Blue Train, is the unpredictable strength and consistent instrumental talent, every member shines. There’s no flaw, average at times and overall just poorly executed. It is all beautifully created by incredible passive souls.

My Final statements on Blue Train, Is every thing you hear, your opinion becomes a reason and every song you cherish, will always value you for inspiration. For new listeners, it might bore you, it might excite you, ‘’whatever it does’’ Blue Train in my eyes, is a beautiful masterpiece, Every track is climbing a mountain but finishing it, is reaching the top, becoming an incredible adventure to end such an atmospheric value, makes you want to play it again and again, ‘’Forever in the time being’’

John Coltrane- Tenor Saxophone

Pink Floyd The Dark Side of the MoonMichael Jackson Off the Wall
4.3
fendercustomstrat (5)

March 1st 2014

fixed my spelling errors, my computer is acting up right now, so i'll improve it. When it's back to normal.

March 1st 2014

God i had a lot of errors lol, i think they are all fixed. ''If not'' Than please tell me.

Insurrection
March 1st 2014

''If not'' Than please tell me.

found one

but really there are so many grammatical errors in the review its ridiculous

Digging: The Contortionist - Language

March 1st 2014

i know, i suck at spelling lol

It's all fixed :D

Insurrection
March 1st 2014

Being in different quintents as a side member.

not a complete sentence

it's impossible to deny it's iconic structure, it had on Jazz and music in general.

its*

no comma necessary. actually it doesnt make sense anyway

Blue Train features so many different types of excellent instrumentation, Yes

either put a period or take out the capital letter

i could keep going

thanks bro

Chrisjon89
March 1st 2014

gotta spin this again. it's not even in my top 5 Coltrane albums but that just goes to show how strong his music is.

this album

PunchforPunch
March 1st 2014

the hell is wrong with you

Digging: Robert Hood - Fabric 39

March 1st 2014

this album is disgustingly boring

March 1st 2014

very little to offer in terms of variety. i know this comes across as ignorant, but it really does all sound the same to me.

March 2nd 2014

all fixed :D

March 3rd 2014

It's been re-finished, check it out.

JamieTwort

20645 Comments

Is English your first language?

Digging: Townes Van Zandt - Townes Van Zandt

March 3rd 2014

Yes it is, i just forget to spell check and look over my writing. I do have some trouble spelling words at times.

JamieTwort

20645 Comments

It's not your spelling that made me think otherwise.

Sentences like these just don't make any sense whatsoever (especially seeing as you mean it in a positive sense):

There’s no flaw, average at times and overall just poorly executed.

I don't mean to insult you or anything, I just think you need to work on your writing a lot (if you want to improve that is). I suggest reading more. Don't give up on writing by any means, with practise I'm sure you'll get better.

March 3rd 2014

I get what you mean man. I plan to do a lot of reviews in the time being. So it's good practice.

ShitsofRain