Machine Head
Machine Fucking Head Live

by BigHans USER (108 Reviews)
February 27th, 2014 | 27 replies | 1,525 views

If you care at all about metal and riffs you need to listen to this live version of the beastly homage to metal riifdom “Old.” Sure, you could jam the studio version from “Burn My Eyes” which destroys, but there is an extra f*cking wallop of titanic shred here. It’s a riff for the ages, the type of guitar hero antics you jam right before a back alley fistfight. It’s that Goddamn intense, and that Goddamn infectious.

Rob Flynn rules.

Rob’s tenacity translates exceptionally well to a live setting. Being that Machine Head is about riffs and fists, and then more riffs and fists, and then a lot more riffs and fists on top of those riffs and fists, you can easily envision how their avalanche of manly riffage goes over in a setting where a legion of sweaty apes scream “MACHINE F*CKING HEAD” between each monstrous track and scream the song choruses like their first Slayer t-shirt depended on it. It might be hard to imagine beastly metal monoliths like “Imperium,” “Beautiful Mourning,” and the Goddamn GOAT track “Davidian” could be any more badass, but its only because you haven’t heard Rob Flynn mesmerize his loyal, unwashed following in a riff saturated concert setting. Rob’s many commands, up to and including demands that the crowd does in fact “bang their f*cking heads,” “shake the f*cking walls,” “get f*cking crazy with Machine F*cking Head” and put their “f*cking fists in the air” are met with a primal intensity and unquestioned obedience. “Machine F*cking Head Live” is the right kind of live album, the kind that represents superior versions to the songs and make you wish to the Gods of Metal that you had been there.

Machine F*cking Head indeed.

The Hold Steady Teeth DreamsPaw Dragline
Drive-by Truckers English OceansRanger Knights of Darkness
Grim Reaper Rock You To HellRush Permanent Waves

rules

tempest--
February 26th 2014

thought this sucked but w/e sweet review m/

February 26th 2014

Well to be fair I jammed it drunk and in the mood for manly riffs so maybe that swayed my rating.

FiveLeavesLeft

good fuckin' review, pos

m/

tempest--
February 26th 2014

maybe i ought to give it another listen band usually riffs hard and they were pretty rad when i saw em a few years ago

Inveigh
February 26th 2014

sweet review man, I have their entire studio discog, but not this. will have to check it. m/

fuck yeha Blake lets drunk Sput like its 2010

Judio!
February 26th 2014

Saw Machine Head live over the summer. Can't say I'm a huge fan but damn those guys have tons of energy on stage.

Digging: Integrity - Those Who Fear Tomorrow

February 26th 2014

dude I bet it was a shred fest

Judio!
February 26th 2014

Oh it was. Really wished I had moshed when they played "Halo," the crowd lost their shit.

Fuck I cant get over how fucking hard OLD rips

February 26th 2014

Fuck Davidian rapes so fucking hard on this

YoYoMancuso
February 26th 2014

great review, horrible album name

February 26th 2014

haha thanks man, might be the booze talking, but I think thats a ridiculously awesome album name.

Arcade

The riffs m/

pos'd

Digging: James Blake - Overgrown

thanks dude m/

NodScene23
February 27th 2014

Hans' reviews, where the spirit never lacks. Much respect.

pacedown