fresh beatZ
The Misunderstood

1.5
very poor

by Lambda USER (68 Reviews)
February 20th, 2014 | 35 replies

Review Summary: A musical journey into the most tragic, and yet most hopeful, of places...

...the vagina. No, I'm not kidding. That's what The Misunderstood reminds me of. It is funny sometimes, alluring others, and occasionally disgusting. Teams of scientists could work for years and still not fully understand it. The Misunderstood is a perplexing listen, just like the vagina is a perplexing organ, mostly due to the bizarre mix of genres and moods. Burping, spoken word, avant-garde metal freakouts, orgasms, opera, slurping, hip-hop samples... need I go on? Probably not, but I will anyway.

Let's look at some of the highlights from the album. "Anything in Mind" has one of the loudest and worst guitar solos I have ever heard, and I can only hope that it is a parody. "NO! Don't Type That!" is a bizarre acapella harmonized operatic vocal piece that sounds like five ghosts having simultaneous orgasms. Speaking of orgasms, the track immediately after it, "You Have a Moustache and You're a Woman," is the sound of someone beating off, cumming... and that's it. Lastly, closer "Niggardly Nasah" is almost entirely silent for its nearly six-minute runtime, until the vocalist burps and asks 'What do YOU think?' in the track's closing seconds.

There are a couple of legitimately decent moments on here, though. "Go to the Park" has some impressive Buckethead-style shredding, and the title track is one of the most bizarrely entertaining songs I have ever heard, being seven-plus minutes long and cycling through genre after genre. The total randomness of this track, and indeed the whole album, will have you on the floor laughing... I just hope that was its intent.

Dog Fashion Disco Sweet NothingsCasualties of Cool Casualties of Cool
Avenged Sevenfold Hail to the KingBuckethead Pike 13
Buckethead In Search Of The - Volume 10: 'F'Buckethead In Search Of The - Volume 9: 'O'
1.7
very poor
Kronzo (1.5)
Look at the cover... Just look at it....

The Life Of A Scholar

lol

February 19th 2014

dafuq? seriously, this review just makes me go DAFUQ????
I don't know whether to pos or neg...I'm just thinking...THE FUCK?????

Digging: Fuzz - Fuzz

February 19th 2014

" The Misunderstood is a perplexing listen, just like the vagina is a perplexing organ, mostly due to the bizarre mix of genres and moods. Burping, spoken word, avant-garde metal freakouts, orgasms, opera, slurping, hip-hop samples... need I go on? Probably not, but I will anyway. "

oh, sweet Jesus..

sixdegrees

orgasms

sold

Digging: Ted Nugent - Shutup&jam!

February 19th 2014

The other review for this doesn't help...The fact that P Diddy and a pedophile from Australia would be put on the same cover of an album called 'The Misunderstood' just makes me more worried about the artists who made this 'thing'

Phlegm

posd

Digging: Dirty Beaches - Stateless

tommygun

fuck this

Lotus
February 19th 2014

These songs of ridiculously charged emotion and passion blended into epic beauty and terrible ugliness to make the perfect amalgamation of the human experience known as life. This. is. The. Misunderstood.

TheMoonchild

I must hear this

MrSirLordGentleman
February 20th 2014

that's not the real album artwork, right?

February 20th 2014

lmao, I'm afraid it is. Thanks for the pos's guys.

Lotus: I couldn't have said it better myself.

MrSirLordGentleman
February 20th 2014

well, I can say that even if the album sucks... it seems pretty interesting to listen to it

LordePots
February 20th 2014

i hate whoever made this

Digging: Kitty Pryde - Impatiens

WHAT DO YOU THINK?!

Digging: Iceage - Plowing Into the Field of Love

1977 Comments

Piece of shit album, kinda reminds me of a few seizure inducing indie games

osmark86
February 20th 2014

this record is roughly as fun as being stuck in limbo in a perpetual state of being savagely consumed by rabid piranhas whilst watching that rape scene from Gaspar NoƩ's Irreversible with ICPs whole discography repeadedly chugging away in the background.

Digging: Falls of Rauros - Believe in No Coming Shore

lol nice one

February 20th 2014

I did not need to know what the album sounded like

February 20th 2014

lmao aw come on osmark, it has some funny moments

osmark86
February 20th 2014

it's pedestrian throughout, like mainlining barbiturates.