Dry Satire
Demo

1.0
awful

by scarlet denizen USER (57 Reviews)
February 1st, 2014 | 382 replies

Release Date: 01/30/2014 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Dry Satire got me wet.

Formed only months prior to this release, Dry Satire is the project of Sputnikmusic users YakNips, Climatic, and demigod. Described as “hardcore with a dash of scream and metalcore”, Dry Satire was sure to pique some interest, right? Here, that is not to be the case.

Demo is most likely the absolute worst representation of the trio’s skill(s) in general. Muddled is the quality of the EP itself, with little to no care for the recording quality whatsoever. This not only drags down the music, but makes it look as if the EP was rushed. The music itself, while having some interesting bits and pieces (mainly in the latter half of the EP) leaves a mainly negative impact. All throughout Demo, the same repetitive formulas are recycled over and over again for eight long monotonous minutes. The same, dull riffs are utilized again and again, with little to no variation. Even if there was some variation, it’s impossible to comprehend due to Demo’s said poor quality. The said quality drags down the music even further to point where it can’t be redeemed. Dead Leaves and Sequestered both show some promise, but both suffer from the same problem of drudging along longer than needed.

At the point when Demo mercifully ends, the cons heavily outweigh the pros; there is absolutely nothing that can be done to doctor the amassed problems that clutter the EP. The effort here is well-meaning, but falls flat due to several issues. However, considering the trio’s separate abilities, the following EP can possibly be of much higher quality, and maybe more original. But considering what else is out there, you, the listener, are better off listening to better music.

Death Grips The Powers That BA Slow Descent/Sensory Deprivation Split
Todd Rundgren A Wizard, A True StarThe Enid The Seed and the Sower
Magma Slag TanzKing Crimson Live at the Orpheum
2.7
Brendan Schroer (3)
"We didn't know what was there, but we knew something was there."...

Cygnatti

pos. those 3 users rule. :]

Digging: Mo*Te - Life in a Peaceful New World

grabbin a beer. lets go

Digging: Sleep Party People - Floating

FromDaHood
February 1st 2014

It's just so asshole that you would write a rip piece for people you probably consider internet friends. You said pretty much all you needed to in the comment section itself and now you take it to the next level. Like, what did you personally get out of writing this? What's the point?

February 1st 2014

agreed no need to post this

this is pointless

good point

love you lotus

FromDaHood
February 1st 2014

Negging because I disagree with what you wrote or why you wrote it is stupid. Negging in general is
kinda dumb but I digress. You didn't have to fulfill that promise if you were gonna but out something
like this. I just don't get it. A couple guys you talk to make an album, the production quality is
poor (cause it's a fucking demo tape) so you drop it the lowest rating possible and say 'I know
they're better than this.' Like, come on. I still fail to see the point.

February 1st 2014

lets make passionate love to modest mouse asap

Greyvy

oh.....

what fromdahood said

ConorIsNotHere
February 1st 2014

Pos for the simple reason of being a well-written review. I might listen to this when I get hone for curiousity sakes.

laughingman22

2099 Comments

dam

Digging: Of Montreal - Snare Lustrous Doomings

Pheromone
February 1st 2014

Just to add insult to injury I guess, nice one! neg.

nice avatar laughingman dam

laughingman22

2099 Comments

thanks lotus

fuck it

jdennis31
February 1st 2014

hey fripper, you should review my demo too. feel free to rip away! any constructive criticism is much appreciated. www.myspace.com/romancingtheghostband

February 1st 2014

yak deserves better than this

Pheromone
February 1st 2014

Review is a broad term for this, agreed with hood big time.