Dry Satire

awful

by nig USER (37 Reviews)
February 1st, 2014 | 434 replies | 6,109 views

Release Date: 01/30/2014 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Dry Satire got me wet.

Formed only months prior to this release, Dry Satire is the project of Sputnikmusic users YakNips, Climatic, and demigod. Described as “hardcore with a dash of scream and metalcore”, Dry Satire was sure to pique some interest, right? Here, that is not to be the case.

Demo is most likely the absolute worst representation of the trio’s skill(s) in general. Muddled is the quality of the EP itself, with little to no care for the recording quality whatsoever. This not only drags down the music, but makes it look as if the EP was rushed. The music itself, while having some interesting bits and pieces (mainly in the latter half of the EP) leaves a mainly negative impact. All throughout Demo, the same repetitive formulas are recycled over and over again for eight long monotonous minutes. The same, dull riffs are utilized again and again, with little to no variation. Even if there was some variation, it’s impossible to comprehend due to Demo’s said poor quality. The said quality drags down the music even further to point where it can’t be redeemed. Dead Leaves and Sequestered both show some promise, but both suffer from the same problem of drudging along longer than needed.

At the point when Demo mercifully ends, the cons heavily outweigh the pros; there is absolutely nothing that can be done to doctor the amassed problems that clutter the EP. The effort here is well-meaning, but falls flat due to several issues. However, considering the trio’s separate abilities, the following EP can possibly be of much higher quality, and maybe more original. But considering what else is out there, you, the listener, are better off listening to better music.

The Mothers of Invention Uncle MeatOctobre Octobre
St. Vincent St. VincentThe Uniques From The Dust
The Enid Something Wicked This Way ComesThe Enid Six Pieces
2.4
Brendan Schroer STAFF (3)
"We didn't know what was there, but we knew something was there."...

February 1st 2014

This review was a rather rough one to do, and in general, I have mixed feelings about it. While not
this review is not meant as an insult to the trio's particular talents, but it is an unfortunately
harsh critique of the EP itself. While it shows promise, it is plagued with several issues that
could've been remedied before release. I do hope there is a second release in the near feature, not
only because I know these guys can do far much better, but because I want to support my fellow
users' musical ventures. I respect that you guys stepped out of your usual boundaries, and if you
guys, the creators are proud of it, then that's really the only thing that should matter. And if you
feel as if I'm offending you and your talents by posting this review, then I apologize.

Summary by Trebor (17)
Besides, at least you're not The Quiet Chapter of the Deadly Walls (Paradigm Of Consensus).

Demo:

Digging: Big Nig - Marque un: le point de vue de nigs rsum

spookynewghostfriend
February 1st 2014

o lordy jesus here we go :/

Cygnatti

19970 Comments

pos. those 3 users rule. :]

Digging: Lo-Fang - Blue Film

grabbin a beer. lets go

FromDaHood
February 1st 2014

It's just so asshole that you would write a rip piece for people you probably consider internet friends. You said pretty much all you needed to in the comment section itself and now you take it to the next level. Like, what did you personally get out of writing this? What's the point?

Digging: Phantogram - Voices

February 1st 2014

agreed no need to post this

February 1st 2014

I stated that I would review this, that was before I heard it. I won't deny that this can be handled more better though, so neg away.

this is pointless

spookynewghostfriend
February 1st 2014

how to solve a pointless thread : dont bump it

js

good point

love you lotus

FromDaHood
February 1st 2014

Negging because I disagree with what you wrote or why you wrote it is stupid. Negging in general is
kinda dumb but I digress. You didn't have to fulfill that promise if you were gonna but out something
like this. I just don't get it. A couple guys you talk to make an album, the production quality is
poor (cause it's a fucking demo tape) so you drop it the lowest rating possible and say 'I know
they're better than this.' Like, come on. I still fail to see the point.

February 1st 2014

lets make passionate love to modest mouse asap

Greyvy

oh.....

Digging: This Ascension - Light And Shade

what fromdahood said

ConorIsNotHere
February 1st 2014

Pos for the simple reason of being a well-written review. I might listen to this when I get hone for curiousity sakes.

February 1st 2014

fromdahood- yeah, i get that

laughingman22

dam

Digging: PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love

Pheromone
February 1st 2014

Just to add insult to injury I guess, nice one! neg.

Digging: Eels - The Cautionary Tales of Mark Oliver Everett