Stages and Stereos
Small Town Favorites

by Dakoda Jones USER (8 Reviews)
January 29th, 2014 | 1 replies | 379 views

Release Date: 09/23/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: This release really defines who Stages & Stereos is and on it's own fantastic.

Stages & Stereos is a pop rock band with a bit of a country twang and have quite a charming array of songs on their newest EP Small Town Favorites.

Starting off with a bang Cool To Be Vain is bound to be stuck in your head days after hearing it. It begins with what sounds like synth into a very catchy full band beat. From the intro to the end of this track it evolved into something beautiful. This would be my second favorite track and third being Coup de Grace which had a familiar sound and slower than the others but truly outstanding, especially the pre-Chorus'. I really admire the blend between rock n roll, pop and country. All tied together perfectly with superb sound mixing. They really developed quite a unique vibe and overall musical sound. Each song is incredibly good with each similar song structure. It's not a bad thing but it's a little predictable.

The title track Small Town Favorites is my favorite from the five song EP. It was hard to choose a favorite because they're all just really good, but there is just something about this song I love so much. What I could say about this song I could really apply to the whole album. Raw emotional vocals, nicely distorted guitars with a bit of a country feel to it, well engineered drums to support everything else and a great bass undertone. I hope Stages & Stereos makes a name for themselves with this amazing grouping of songs and if you like good music in general do yourself a favor and give this album a listen. You won't regret.