Korn
Live at CBGB

by Jacob6293 USER (9 Reviews)
April 5th, 2006 | 4 replies

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

This is a review of the DVD that comes free with the purchase of Korn Greatest Hits. Not really a CD, but it works.
Now, the CBGB is just a small club with a small stage, but Korn really rocked the house (ahem, I mean "stage")!

1. Right Now: Great performance. I'll say it was a good start to the show because it actually has a sort of meaning that connects with the show. Like, the song is called "Right Now" and we wanted Korn to start right now! But whatever, it was a pretty good performance. But I was wondering why Jonahthan sang the clean "bust you up" version. He could of sang "**** you up", they would've just edited it out on the clean version of the DVD. But that's okay. It's great. 4.5/5.

2. Here to Stay: Hmmm, a song where I like the live version better than the studio version. Very rare for me. Jon's vocals are really good here, and it sets the tone of the show. The crowd didn't react to this as much as some of the other songs, but it was an awesome performance. I liked it. A lot. 5/5.

3. Did My Time: Well, this was just an "eh" for me. Plus it doesn't exactly help that it's one of my least favorite songs from the band. I remember the intro from Munky and Head, it's a sweet riff. But the actual performance was just okay. Nothing special, but you will still appreciate and enjoy this one if you're a true Korn fan. 2.5/5.

4. Got the Life: Oh man, another one of the overplayed hits. But still good. Jon's vocals have improved from Did My Time in this. A really great job, I don't absolutely love the song, but I did love this performance. A good choice for this particular show. 4/5.

5. Freak on a Leash: Yet another big but awesome hit! I love this song, one of the good songs to jam to (particularly in the chorus). The performance was great. If you know and love the band, then without a doubt you either love this song or hate it. But it's a bit slower in the verses, but that's kind of what sets it off as a good one. 4.5/5.

6. Falling Away from Me: Oh yeah, here we go, one of my favorite Korn songs of all time (besides the next one). Jon's vocals aren't exactly a highlight, but the whole thing is amazing. I love the guitar work in this song just as much as I loved the performance. It is really great. 4/5.

7. Blind: Finally we get to Korn's greatest hit ever. It starts out with David playing around with his drums, and then the bass and soft guitar, and then it all EXPLODES with Jon hollaring "Are you READY?!?". From that moment on, I knew I was. Great performance as well as a great way to end the show. Amazing. 5/5.

So, all in all, this is a great DVD and you will love it if you love Korn. This is also a good show to watch if you're a beginning fan, 'cause it has most of the big hits. So, buy the album and you'll get this as well! Sweet!

Korn Take a Look in the MirrorHawthorne Heights The Silence in Black and White
Taking Back Sunday Louder NowCKY An Answer Can Be Found
Good Charlotte The Young And The HopelessHawthorne Heights If Only You Were Lonely
mudvayne_bass_player (4)

Iluvatar
April 11th 2006

You described what the crowd did fairly well, but even being a live album, you should still focus on the music itself; you have little to no song analysis, much like your other reviews. Your opening paragraph was bad, it neither had background information or a sort of narrative touch. The closing paragraph is also weak. Look at some of the higher-profile members earlier reviews and get a feel for what a tbt should be if you want to go that route.

My 2 cents.

metaldude437
April 11th 2006

this dvd is awesome.....they improve every song, well except freak on a leash

Jacob6293
April 11th 2006

but was it better than my linkin park and my blink 182 review?

Iluvatar
April 11th 2006

Although its debatable, I didnt feel the urge to neg this one, so yes, it probably was a tad bit better.