Diamond Head
All Will Be Revealed

2.0
poor

by Digis USER (6 Reviews)
December 24th, 2013 | 11 replies

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Until everything is revealed, I will try to stay awake...

Once kings of the NWOBHM, Diamond Head decided to break up after the disappointing `Canterbury´. 10 years later, the band would reunite and show they still had something to show, with the successful record `Death & Progress´. After splitting up again, the band is back, this time without guitarist and vocalist Sean Harris, instead counting with one member for each role. One could expect the new members to bring in some fresh ideas and produce an overall better sound, but…that´s not exactly how it ended.

Released in 2005, `All Will Be Revealed´ is the first album with vocalist Nick Tart and guitarist Andy Abberley as band members, and sadly their participation doesn’t add anything to the music. The record has a characteristic sound, and this sound is nothing short of boring and uninspired. For most part of the album, it seems like you´re hearing the same bland riff over and over. Not only that, the songs hardly suffer any variation, blending together and tiring the listener. Drummer Kark Wilcox passes unnoticed during the record, not delivering any interesting fills and relying on the same boring and repetitive beat. Don´t even ask about the bass, because it doesn’t really seem to be there.

When you have such an uninspired instrumental section, you expect the vocalist to show up with some anthemic or catchy chorus to save the show, but vocalist Nick Tart simply does not deliver it. His style and tone on the record are just as bland as the lifeless instruments, resulting in an even more tiring experience.

But, towards the end of the album the band shows signs of life. The title track starts with an acoustic guitar, and while it´s not groundbreaking or innovative, is a needed breath of fresh air from the boring riffs that plague the record. Another highlight is the fast paced `Drinking Again´. Clocking at only 2 minutes, the song is energetic, reminding us of the old Diamond Head sound. One could complain about its length, but that keeps the song from repetition, maintaining it as a strong effort in this emotionless record.

In the end, I don´t see a reason to listen to this. All the songs aside the two mentioned ones sound exactly the same, without any factor that keeps the interest in listening to it. All of us had the hope that the band would come up with something good after 12 years, but this record destroys every expectation that Diamond Head could release music in the same level as in their glory days.

Apocalyptica CultParadox Heresy
Paradox Product of ImaginationCommunic Conspiracy In Mind
Bullet for My Valentine The Poison
2.3

December 24th 2013

Now that´s a painful listen. You can judge me or whatever but imo `What´s in Your Head?´ > This

lol yea fuck this

Necrotica

album is ass

manosg
December 24th 2013

I' afraid to listen to this one but good call for a review. This band deserves to have its discog covered.

Digging: Witchfynde - Give 'em Hell

honestly a 1 record wonder, borrowed aint all that either

manosg
December 24th 2013

I enjoy Borrowed but it's nowhere close to LttN agreed. Having said that, LttN is probably in my all time top 10.

December 24th 2013

LttN is up there with RiP as my fav albums. How can the band that released such masterpiece decay so much... Really i literally fell asleep listening to this crap

December 24th 2013

sweet dude do you dig maiden

December 24th 2013

Used to jam it so hard that now i barely stand Dickinson´s voice, even tough i still shout ACES HIIIIIIIIIGH when i´m alone at home. Best song evar m/

menawati