A Bunny's Caravan
Draining Puddles, Retrieving Treasures

by Hogan CONTRIBUTOR (38 Reviews)
December 5th, 2013 | 74 replies | 3,648 views

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Review Summary: An unknown spectrum of color that needs to be heard.

Inclosed By Skies

High atop the blisters of the Earth, I waited alone surrounded by the cold. Snowflakes fluttered elegantly to a soft conclusion amidst the white blanket covering the mountain like a shower of rain, yet colder and prettier. The ambient winds swirled around my ears, taking away some of the white fluff with its strong gust. It’s a very ironic and peculiar thing to believe, but the desolate cold on the mountains gave me a warm sensation. Almost as if I absorbed the arctic climate as heat. I stood determined as I peered down to the sight of the blues and greens scattered throughout the ground. I took a deep breath and consumed my lusting thoughts of freedom; and fell forward with my eyes catching one last glimpse of the peak before closing.

It all happened in an instant. It was as if the grand mountains were spiraling downward with me. With all these thoughts coursing through my mind and body, I opened my eyes once again. For a second I believed in a bone crunching finale, but my arms explained the truth. Barely conscious thoughts glided me against the new feeling of the air as I soared through the valley. I began to sigh in relief, but that was quickly shadowed by my energetic response to the success. The essence of the grand achievement I possessed was louder than the winds of the mountains. The gusts of winds exploded into my ears creating a melody so soothing yet bombastic as well. I dropped closer to the ground and glided against the water, leaving streaks of tremors that disrupted the once peaceful surface. The water parted away into small waves as I came dashing by. The water felt cool and refreshing underneath, but my curiosity was still not quenched. I took a sharp glance at the heavens above and knew what would satisfy my hunger.

With a powerful kick of energy, I was able to exceed speeds beyond what I believed I was capable of. The air was expurgated downwards by my arms leaving a veil of pressure on the upper half of my body. For an instant I lost faith in my arms, the insurmountable force attacking me was determined; but I didn’t surrender. Speeding through the atmosphere like a bullet, I stopped in a sudden urge to float among the bleached giants. Almost as white as the snow I once perched on; they were a far different spectacle to behold. With a swift rotation of my arms I was able to cut straight into one. I sifted my arm right through it creating a humane like wound through the white monster as my curiosity fell prey to its jarring brothers. Each monument was a different shape and a different size, just like my siblings below. I began to try and go higher, but realized that maybe I had found heaven already. Closed off by the hemisphere of the Earth, I was coerced into resting among the unknown. The white bodies showed no emotion or reaction to my interactions with them, but I still felt among the free. Though the breathtaking scene around me was beautiful, I realized my energy was all but empty. I closed my eyes again and with one last gaze of awe and wonder I fluttered to the Earth amidst the hail of my dreams.

I’ve never been able to draw such a vividly clear picture in my mind before from the wake of a song. Even where some albums continuously try to paint that perfect picture into the listener’s cranium, nothing has ever felt as beautiful as the first track of A Bunny’s Cavern’s Draining Puddles, Retrieving Treasures. However, I felt myself creating a different imaginary world during each song. Progression is an element done so well that the music sifts into different movements so quickly, but packing a big enough punch to get its message implanted in your memory. It’s such a cliché to call something beautiful just because you fail to find any other word to describe something, but this is the fine example of how music can be even more beautiful then you could ever imagine. The lyrics link together like an unbreakable chain, as the music flows through it like the calm before the storm. The instrumentation can change from soft riffing and ambience to loud explosions of fireworks in an instant and still feel absolutely perfect. Listen to this album and embrace it with your weary eyes and mind. Dreams have never felt so sublime.