Danny Blu
Do Your Worst

by AnnieWay USER (6 Reviews)
December 5th, 2013 | 6 replies

Release Date: 11/22/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: There's not a single track that I'd toss off of this collection. Danny Blu has a lot to say, and not all of it will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

The bio accompanying the "Do Your Worst" CD points out Danny Blu's position on the subject of bullying and his past work with the LGBTQ communities. Danny Blu is a loud and proud member of the shock/industrial rock crowd mingled with the electronic dance music movement. He's a riotous rebel with a cause.

Blu is a boy who can bang your head, shake your booty, rock your world, shock your senses, and make you think all within the same song. With one album already out and under his belt ("Do Your Worst"), and one ("saint") planned to be out of the can by the spring of 2014, I think it's safe to say that Danny doesn't rest on his laurels.

The 11 songs on his debut release are, at times, not easy to listen to. Danny is clearly disturbed by living in a world that certainly he has so very much to be disturbed about: pain, betrayal, lies, hypocrisy, heartbreak, unfulfilled promises, rage and the relentless stress of just trying to be ourselves in this disturbing world of ours. He's like a young Marlon Brando spilling his guts out on stage to an unseen audience during opening night. It's scary.

There's not a single track that I'd toss off of this collection. One song in particular, the penultimate track "Force You", sent such chills up and down my spine that the goose bumps remained until after the end of the album. Danny Blu has a lot to say, and not all of it will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Frankly my dear, a lot of it is downright disturbing.

RIYL: Marilyn Manson, David Bowie, Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein