The Smashing Pumpkins
Siamese Dream

by Chris Jackson USER (177 Reviews)
April 3rd, 2006 | 11 replies | 5,139 views

Release Date: 1993 | Tracklist

Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream is a combination of distored guitar fuzz, nasily vocals, and some psychadelic influences. It's been classified as a grunge album and while I agree with this I won't make any comparisons to any other grunge bands. The album kicks off with Cherub Rock, a hard hitting, fuzzy riff based rocker. Rocket Geek U.S.A and Quiet are also heavier tracks, featuring quick paced guitar distortion, pounding drum beats, and Corgan wailing at his finest. Siamese Dream also moves into more dreamier and psychadelic territory. Luna closes off the album as a trippy ballad, and the eight minute Silver*** where's out its welcome with it's slow and lenghty breakdown section. Sweet Sweet is another dreamy tune, with a clean and strange sounding electric guitar. Disarm and [iMayonaise[/i] provide some nice rock/pop moments and everything settles out well. The only problem I have is that Corgans wailing gets tiring after a while, and sometimes the Pumpkins just don't know when to stop (hint hint: Soma and Silver***. While the Smashing Pumpkins create a great album in Siamse Dream it is far from a classic album and overshadowes the bands debut album which is superior to this.

Favorite Tracks:

Four Tet RingerHarmonia Musik von Harmonia
4.4

Two-Headed Boy
June 26th 2006

Mayonaise is probably my favorite song of all time. Hummer comes close.

pulseczar
June 26th 2006

Best album ever? Yes sir.

Two-Headed Boy
June 26th 2006

Zebra hates everything. 'Nuff said.

f_u_c_t
June 26th 2006

Wow, despite that being one of the shortest overall reviews I have ever read, you did a good job of summing it up. But it wouldn't be as short w/ some background history of course.
Still I think its a bit closer to classic then what you'd think.

Zebra
June 26th 2006

[quote=AV8RS]Zebra hates everything. 'Nuff said.[/quote] Wrong, I just don't hand out five star ratings to albums that don't deserve them.

The Door Mouse

btw u messed up with the itallic mayonaiseThis Message Edited On 06.26.06

Electric City
February 26th 2007

This review is correct.

Quiet is one of the best off of this.

Yazz_Flute
November 25th 2007

This is a good album to be emo too. Mayonaise actually brought tears to my eyes...I can't remember the last time i cried honestly.

Weird, i guess this album just fits my life well. Genius work.

Digging: Eskaton - 4 Visions