Miley Cyrus
Bangerz

1.0
awful

by battleinthenorth USER (30 Reviews)
October 17th, 2013 | 66 replies | 2,957 views

Release Date: 10/08/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: One of the worst albums ever. Period.

Miley Cyrus seems to be attracted to controversy as though she had a magnet attached to her twerking backside permanently directed toward the local press station. Throughout her career she has had to deal with numerous accusations and knocks to her reputation, and has consistently continued with her music without addressing these issues a whole lot. As such, she has maintained virtually no credibility whatsoever, and so people naturally expect the worst when they hear the news that she is recording new material, or just when they hear her name in general.

In the case of 2013's Bangerz album, these thoughts would not be entirely unfounded. This is an atrocious album containing nothing listenable or even remotely tolerable, with some of the most atrocious, monotonous auto-tuned vocals and bland instrumental work ever put to record. The first song is a snooze-fest that sets the pace for the rest of the album in abysmal style, with some really poor minimalistic synth work and drum beats in the back ground as Miley sings some pathetic lyrics. She states "I love lying next to you, I could do this for eternity", and by this point I was seriously considering just turning the record off, and I truly wish I had done.

Not one of these tracks is even halfway decent. This is the same watered down R&B nonsense that is intended for dance-floors despite the fact that there is nothing to want to dance to about this album. Instead, this is nausea in musical form. Whatever possessed a record label to sign this piece of excrement is beyond me. Wrecking Ball has become one of her best known songs, and this track really is the epitome of awful. The lyrics are the same awful crap that should be expected of the former Disney singer, the vocal performance is too fine-tuned with a computer to the point she sounds robotic and the backing instrumental work is absolutely piss-poor. Miley Cyrus' Bangerz is an album that I advise you to stay away from as every song follows the same predictable formula.

Falling In Reverse Fashionably LateMetallica Metallica
Robbie Williams Greatest HitsMachine Head The Blackening
Dream Theater Images and WordsBuckcherry Fifteen
poor
Channing Freeman STAFF (3.7)
I know I ain't got no biz, but it is what it is....

Sam Kerner (3)
Id: n. In the theories of Freud; the unconscious division of psyche that serves as the source of the...

Brostep
October 17th 2013

Angry writing, but to justify a 1 rating you have to say a lot more about why it's objectively bad instead of just saying "it's a piece of shit" over and over again

Digging: Todd Terje - It's Album Time

Feather
October 17th 2013

bad review. BOO you suck.

October 17th 2013

One of the worst reviews ever. Period.

three periods in a row basically lol

Digging: The Hotelier - Home, Like NoPlace Is There

FiveLeavesLeft

This doesn't deserve 2 pos's, what the fuck

GnarlyShillelagh
October 17th 2013

my niggas you just get a pos if someone thinks your shit is well written that's why it has 3

October 17th 2013

skele pos's his own reviews he rocks

agreed

Digging: Chevelle - La Gargola

October 17th 2013

haha this review, your justification makes you seem like a teenage boy too cool to like pop music, actually describe why it's bad as apose to completely childish insults.

Digging: The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3

October 17th 2013

this is a shit album though

at least he acknowledges that

October 17th 2013

I haven't listened to it so I can't disagree or agree with him, I didn't hate the single Wrecking Ball mind you, but it wasn't anything life changing, I probably wont check this release out but still.

Hoppoman
October 17th 2013

The most important question, why is Miley Cyrus singing about sausages?

It's abstract init.

Digging: Lantlos - Melting Sun

You gave Demi Lovato a 5

Wadlez
October 17th 2013

Its bad.. but better than a 1.

Digging: Anacrusis - Screams and Whispers

Azn.
October 17th 2013

summary deserves its own neg

Digging: Saintseneca - Dark Arc

slidenslip
October 17th 2013

64 people like this. Be the first of your friends.

FiveLeavesLeft