King Parrot
Bite Your Head Off

by Agingman USER (3 Reviews)
October 11th, 2013 | 7 replies

Review Summary: Great album to sit back to and headbang the day away!

King Parrot – Bite Your Head Off

For those who even have a small interest in the Australia metal scene have heard the echoes of the band known as King Parrot. This is pure extreme metal but you don’t have to be a diehard grindcore or death metal fan to see what makes this band so great. Fronted by a rather non frightening looking Youngy, but the moment he starts to rampage through songs like Bozo and Dead End you begin to see the psychopath emerge. Backed by a band which provides listens with riff after riff after riff of pure heavy and in your face metal.

When you listen to the album there isn’t one or two tracks that jump out at you like with most albums. Bite Your Head Off is a solidly written album with no filler tracks. From start to finish this album delivers and checks off all your needs for a fun head-banging time. The dynamic shifts and endless riff carnage show the creatively of the band. The riffs aren’t your usually death metal style either, this sets King Parrot apart from many bands straight away. The drummer, Skitz, doesn’t just play blast beats throughout the whole album. Instead, he uses creative fills and rarely repeats himself on the album. The tracks on the album flow really well together which makes listening to the album really easy and very enjoyable, you just start at Bozo and finish at Sandy. Song wise they’re all the same style so there are no curveballs in the mix, the album is brutal and as intense throughout.

The highlight of the album and the standout performance has to be Youngy’s deliverance of the vocals. Vocalists will always have the spotlight in any band but to hear someone with such a strong performance on an album is rare. His vocals also have no effects put on them, therefore they have a very live feel to them. So judging by what I’ve heard about Youngy’s stage performance and the vocals on the album I’m going to have to say that he is currently one of Australia’s best frontmen!
I suggest this album as a must for any fans of Australian metal or extreme metal, it really is up there with some of the most extreme bands! King Parrot are also a must see band, it is no wonder they were chosen to support Thy Art is Murder on their last Australian tour. So next time King Parrot decide to demolish your city or town or suburb, get in there carnage and help them.

Jacquibim
October 11th 2013

Shit on The Liver is a jam.

Digging: Off Minor - The Heat Death of the Universe

October 11th 2013

band is rad live they're playing Melbourne Soundwave, gonna go nuts!

Jacquibim
October 11th 2013

Saw them earlier this year, singer was very entertaining, got up in my face n shit and I was like "should I punch him? nuh, he's just doing his thing" and then he fell over and I laughed.

yea I saw them with Kvelertak they rocked hard