Placebo
Placebo

by mytherlie USER (1 Reviews)
March 31st, 2006 | 7 replies

Release Date: 1996 | Tracklist

Why hasn't any one done a review of this album yet????? o well i guess its my turn!i would warn you though this is my first review so wish me luck.

come home:starts off with robert on drums playing a rather simple beat then brain and finally stefan.i would say this is a good starting song which catches your attention as soon as it starts.
4.5/5

teenage angst:one of the best placebo songs ever! a simple song about teen depression hense the, name deffiantly a high light of the album.
5/5

bionic:a nice bass intro here this song kind of reminds me of my old p.e teacher any a pretty bog standerd song really nothing special here.
3.5/5

36 degrees: now you might like to also no this was i belive placebo's first single and its not a very good one and what the hell is all the numbers and then onto a sort of childs t.v showish bit "shoulders toes and knees, i'm thirty six degrees".
3/5

hang on to your iq: yet another unimpressive song music expt for the lyrics.... i belive there just about some one that does drugs.
3.5/5

nancy boy: THANK GOD A AMAZING SONG HAS COME AFTER A STRING OF NORMALS their is a however though.i don't think this sonds as good as the once more with feeling version.as the name sugests this songs bought a gay person however i still can't make sense of the chorus if its supposed to be abought a gay (i would like to clarafy here and now that i have nothing against gay people i just am not one)
5/5

i know: a okay song about knowing somthing (duh).not much to say about it.
3.5/5

bruise pristine:this is the peak of the album (it is because nancy boy isn't a good version) a contrdiction for a name which works. i love this song to ***ing bits!
6/5

lady of the flowers: partly spoken partly sung. a song about a flower girl, a pretty one but as most of us are is abit wierd. she is also depressed. i do like this song quite a lot.
4/5

swallow: a completely spoken word song about a druggy taking a e pill and losing some. sounds a bit more jadded than ever! good song though. there is a bonus song on the end which is a piano based instrumental.
4/5

conclusion: this is a good album but i wouldn't say it would be the first placebo album to buy. i would say get once more with feeling first.

placebo were at the time:
Brian Molko:guitar and vocals (plus others)
Stefan Olsdal:bass (plus others)
Robert Schultzberg:drums (plus others)

porkchop182 (4.5)
Once Upon A Time Placebo were just a bunch of kids playing music. To me this is their best album, it...

morrissey
March 31st 2006

I approved the review, but I'm going to say the same thing I tell a lot of first-time reviewers. Make sure your spelling/grammar/capitalisation/formatting is in order. Even if it just for aesthetical purposes, it makes your review look a lot smoother and makes it much more easy to read.
Instead of just saying things like "good song", or "I like this song", try to touch on the themes running through the album and the songs. The emotions each song evokes, the impact this album had, etc. etc. Instead of just giving an undetailed play-by-play of each track (drums start the song then the bass comes in then the singer sings), try to get into themes and concepts.
Other than that keep up the writing. Read other reviews around the site to get a feel for the different styles that could work for you. Nice effort.

Liberi Fatali
March 31st 2006

I'm surprised nobody has written a review for this album before. It isn't my favourite album of theirs, but it does have some nice tracks on it.

sgrevs
March 31st 2006

This has some awesomo songs, Bruise Pristine is fantastic.

thetwaz
April 1st 2006

The thing you find with Placebo is that their singles always seem to rock your proverbial socks off, then you listen to the rest of the album and you realise why they were the singles. Also, I'm not a fan of Brian Moloko's lyrics, but some of the tunes are badass enough that you don't care.

This album in my opinion suffers from repetition, lots of the songs are good, but just don't really go anywhere.

Highlights-
Come Home - stonking intro
36 Degrees - a surprisingly upbeat Placebo song
Nancy Boy - although the single version is better
I know - I like the chorus
Lady of the flowers - Nice juxtaposition of the verse and chorus, just well written music.

Also

"I'm a fool, whose tool is small
it's so miniscule, it's no tool at all." (Hang on to your IQ)

Made me crack up when I first heard it.

mytherlie
April 1st 2006

thanks for the hints morrissey.

MyRamona
May 7th 2006

Placebo are okay. Nancy Boy and Teenage Angst are good songs. i don't think I will ever find myself listening to these guys on a regular basis though.

mytherlie
May 30th 2006

jesus christ did i write the review, its crap ive completely changed my mind all the songs i slaged off now seem amazing so there all peeks i really should redo it .... if i have time