Felix K
Flowers Of Destruction

by gosk8n USER (7 Reviews)
October 5th, 2013 | 18 replies | 800 views

Release Date: 05/04/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Settle into the atmosphere.

Flowers of Destruction strongest points are on atmosphere and sound design. Each rattling high hat, airy synth key, and deep bass line flow gracefully with each other. Felix K has definitely a great ear for detail as each track rises and decays every sound is masterfully used to its full. With subtleties of drum and bass, techno, and ambient weaving throughout the album, one can truly appreciate Felix K's skill in meshing these genres into an fulfilling experience.

To note one of the prominent tracks 'Flowers of Destruction #2' Felix takes his time to build up his track into something special. And this is not a problem since the rhythm of this tune is addictive with a punchy bass kick surrounded by white noise and little electronic snippets, and then the beast is revealed. The beast as in the bass, on a number of tracks the bass has no choice to make prominence against its minimal and barren backdrops. On the other hand we have many tracks (maybe too many) that do not focus on catchy rhythm but just allows the listener to settle into the atmosphere.

Felix sure does the electronic genre proud with this release, from heavy hitting tracks to the more desolated and free roaming ones. If there was any room for complaint is that there should be more tracks with a focus on dance. But this is not a big hindrance for Flowers of Destruction because overall it is a deep and joyful experience.

Ekoplekz UnfidelityDJ Hidden Enclosed

Deviant.

Digging: L'Orange - The Orchid Days

Deviant.
October 4th 2013

Why? It's never been Felix's main aesthetic anyway, so the complaint would be that you're listening to him for the wrong reasons

October 4th 2013

The album just sounds unbalanced to me at points especially on the latter half

October 4th 2013

"Review is about as minimal as the album, I hope that wasn't intentional. You also have an error in the first sentence"

My 1st review man go easy on me! but yea it was intentional

October 5th 2013

Was excited when I saw that there was a review for this (actually was thinking about doing one myself) as this really needs more attention, but yeah, it's maybe a bit too minimal ;-) Still, it tells a lot in those few sentences so I'd say it's kinda ok

But

Didn't he release quite a bit of stuff that is less minimal than this?

Digging: DjRum - The Miracle

November 8th 2013

nice one

Digging: Ground Zero - Revolutionary Pekinese Opera, Ver. 1.28

December 26th 2013

Fuck, totally missed this.

Digging: Trophy Scars - Holy Vacants

scissorlocked
December 26th 2013

still haven't heard this one

Digging: Fantastic Mr Fox - Sketches

December 26th 2013

it was on two of my lists!

December 26th 2013

Yeah I know, and I made a mental note to check it out. And then I realised I have the worst memory ever.

December 26th 2013

Anyways, checking this out in about 10 minutes, according to my Firefox dl list.

December 26th 2013

haha, no problem. Like anyone ever always gets to check out their full check out list

treeqt.

And then I realised I have the worst memory ever. [99999999]

December 26th 2013

So this is seriously good so far.

January 24th 2014