Cavities
Within The Wings

by matthew turok USER (32 Reviews)
October 1st, 2013 | 5 replies

Release Date: 01/26/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Imagine Shai Hulud grew up listening to themselves and more recent melodic hardcore.

Within The Wings is a CD-version of Pennsylvania melodic hardcore-ish band Cavities' half of their 10" split with an awesome emotive hc tinged melodic hc band from Maine called Pastime. I highly suggest the rare person who might stumble on this little rambling paragraph checks them out as well.

To continue on the subject of Cavities; calling this band melodic hc would be a misnomer, they're somewhat of an ill ass chimaera beast with the heads of an emotive melodic hardcore band, a mathy post hc band, and the second coming of Shai Hulud, to whom Cavities have such a reminiscent sound, while completely molding it to a badarse modern sound of their own. I really hope this band catches on outside of Pennsylvania, because it's not nearly as breakdown heavy as a lot of the things in their vein, but it has so much of that passion melodic-hardcore-post-hardcore-passionate-almost-metalcore-ish bands like Hundredth and The Ghost Inside try to express. and let's be real, it's hard af to mess up a two track ep, especially when you got maaad skills.

P.S. dudes kill it live so like, if you're in the Tri State area...