Black Magick SS
Panzerwitch

by Frederick Metzengerstein USER (202 Reviews)
September 24th, 2013 | 8 replies | 1,839 views

Release Date: 05/01/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Two-stepping has been replaced by the "sieging and heiling", a new dance routine that fuses goose-stepping and twerking.

One thing that NSBM has always lacked in it's never-ending campaign to bring injustice and pain to the people of color is sex appeal. In the long running incarnation of NSBM we have been greeted with one bald skinhead in a leather jacket after the next. The message has always been simple. If you ain't white, you ain't right. Then you get treated to a blitzkrieg of brutal riffs and ***ty production values and that was that. No songwriting, no character, no sex appeal. Not even personality. Just mundane aural violence that goes nowhere. For so long this maligned sub-genre has lacked the swagger to perfectly convey their message of white supremacy and multi-cultural hatred. Until now....

Australia's Black Magick SS have revitalized the much maligned sub-genre with their latest masterpiece of a demo. Titled "Panzerwitch", Black Magick SS deliver eleven satanically sexy minutes of foot stomping black/doom metal infused psychedelic rock. Featuring only three songs Black Magick SS waste no time getting down to business. The opener "Dark Lord greets you with the haunting sounds of a organ which happens to play a prominent role throughout the demo. The band uses a stellar mix of clean and harsh vocals to accompany the music's positively epic atmosphere. Strong bluesy leads, frolicking rhythms and the aforementioned mixed vocals take you on a train to zazzville... but only if you're white.

The next song "Shall Prevail" sounds like a Doors B-side if Jim Morrison suddenly came back to life, developed a Jew problem and listened to a bit of Darkthrone. The song features the same mix of clean and harsh vocals, driving rhythm guitars and sexually drenched atmosphere that the previous track offered. Production is a bit muddy but it compliments the nature of the beast perfectly. The final track "Panzerwitch is the longest not to mention the darkest and the doomiest of the bunch. The song is very dark and very oppressive overall, goose-stepping itself slowly and aggressively before picking up it's stride to become more flamboyant and more energetic. It's a rousing anthem of doominess that I'm sure you'll all love.

If you're not white and want to give this a spin I'd suggest you turn an eye against the swastikas and SS bolts that adorn this album cover. I ain't no jew hater, I ain't even a jig hater, I love everybody. This album positively rocks and I reccomend this album to everyone who likes to rock and have a good time.