Ninja Sex Party
Strawberries and Cream

by cinaedus USER (19 Reviews)
September 23rd, 2013 | 47 replies | 3,333 views

Release Date: 04/15/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Thank You Based Sexbang

I like the YouTube show Game Grumps quite a bit, and having found the show through JonTron's channel, I was naturally a bit skeptical of the new guy, Danny Sexbang. However, over the past three months, those concerns have been quelled and Danny has slowly but surely become my favorite grump. His band, Ninja Sex Party, composed of him and Ninja Brian, is pretty damn great too.

Ninja Sex Party's sound could most probably be described as somewhere between cheesy 80's rock and cheesy modern synthpop. Tracks like "Let's Get This Terrible Party Started" lean towards the electronic side of the spectrum while others such as "Next to You" and "Rhinaceratops vs Super Puma" lean towards piano rock and hair metal, respectively. The real appeal of NSP is their peanut-butter-and-jelly-like combination of ***ing catchy melodies and witty, sexual lyricism. Strawberries and Cream bests their first album NSFW in both of these aspects. Lyrically, "FYI I Wanna F Your A" is particularly clever as almost every line in the song, including a ton of sexual innuendo, is reduced to an acronym. It's technically family-friendly, but it's definitely not something you would want to listen to around your grandmother, which will make all those future family get-togethers even more hilarious when your mind inevitably wanders off and you start singing this tune. On the musical side of things, "The Sacred Chalice" and "Next to You" are easily my favorites here; both songs have strong melodies which will get stuck in your head for ages, and if their lyrics were swapped they could easily achieve some sort of radio airplay. Like most of NSFW, every song here is really strong and easily fits in with the upper echelon of comedic pop music.

At a mere 25 minutes, Strawberries and Cream is a ***ing fun pop-rock record which will almost certainly get you singing your ass off at some points and laughing your ass off at others. If you enjoy the likes of The Lonely Island and Tenacious D, go ahead and check it out.