Etat Brut
Geometrie D'un Assassinat

by a est . . i . c el USER (23 Reviews)
August 25th, 2013 | 20 replies | 898 views

Release Date: 1982 | Tracklist

Review Summary: kitschy review

No substantial analysis is necessary to draw stark contrasting lines in Belgian sketchboard paper of industrial design, the contrast to them is usually such that the aforementioned process becomes rightfully unnecessary. The aggrotech electronics cottage fulfills a contemporary 'scene' which has since granted to leave a sour taste in mouth of real industrial fans (and it has done, unless one exempts cyber-punk counterculture). A noisy brume mid-term that had it's chance circa eighties also was, for lack of a more accurate depiction, regressed onto a no-unusual fervoric cavern; second wave Belgium suddenly bears no changes, no, almost nothing at all... linear.. and while the similarities at stake may be hard to pick up first hand, hardly discernable fluxus has for years swam under its white cubistic spaces. It isn't really all that similar though ―― when execution thereof differs from application ―― but production jobs are one fascinating subject to compare given the genre's antics, + evolution, plus prompted mainstream demise.
Taken back to the 8ties, at one with particularly idiosyncratic amalgms, we get acquainted with Belgian industrial scene's minimal-synth driven dada collages, rusty engines and dreary bondage and humid weather set themselves as comforting creative backdrops vis-a-vis Etat Bruit productions. Rather short runned business yields unsirprisingly fantastic work at issueing Brùt's brand of avant-garde multitracking into cassette press ~tbqh (of a cursed deliberative limitation); Geometrie D'un Assassinat, Mutations Et Protheses, Emissions, HM, EB00 (respectively). Etat were never overlly interested in plundering the scene dry off no promotion but their (or his) commercial arousal retained an obscurity tinge, merely popularized by Anne-Mie Van Kerckhoven and Danny Devos who at the time were also doing promotional handiwork in Antwerp BG; Club moral, however, started off sluggishly puting off-puting pieces together, never seemed to work at all (till 2005 wheeeww). It all drains down to this logical infusion, whereas this stylistic corridor tapped ignores formal 'success', picturable scenes of dark-slain raped BSDM hookers and grainy-murder' photomontaged sadism may be off puting to some.. so this is how we get to know: Etat Brut are ***ing dead.

Taku Unami and Takahiro Kawaguchi Teatro AssenteThe Caretaker Theoretically Pure Anterograde Amnesia
Alfred Schnittke Psalms of RepentanceTuluum Shimmering Ulau Tau / Spirit Of The Sun
Tuluum Shimmering Raag Wichikapache / Lake of MapangAutechre Untilted

August 25th 2013

Good work, would like to hear this.

August 25th 2013

as per usual i would appreciate any constructive input on grammar/syntax

man balls this's awesome

YoYoMancuso
August 25th 2013

as per usual i would appreciate any constructive input on grammar/sintax

it's spelled "syntax".

slep

what is this

the best music

August 25th 2013

I'll be honest there are a bunch of errors in this review and I actually had no idea what you were talking about when I was reading it. But since you're my buddy I won't neg :]

Digging: Tukaaria - Raw to the Rapine

September 4th 2013

~

llll
September 5th 2013

this is something else wow

September 26th 2013

bmup ETHOS CUM I CALL YOU

October 9th 2013

bump HELLO I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED
j michaux's rather kitschy also amazin

Digging: Sicko Mobb - Super Saiyan Vol. 1

October 10th 2013

Pôles Du Cerveau plus Karol Simonbr />

October 10th 2013

karol simon is INTENSE aw yea that one's def my fav thanks for reminding
DAMN man that track is so good wtfff i just relistened

January 12th 2014

bmup GIAN CUM I CALL YOU

Havey
January 13th 2014

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell etat brut i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

treeqt.