Letlive.
The Blackest Beautiful

by musicMax90 USER (2 Reviews)
August 16th, 2013 | 42 replies

Release Date: 07/09/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A lot of hype for a "meh" result with a production worthy of a garage band.

The Blackest beautiful by letlive is my second review, when I first heard Banshee, I decided to pre-ordered the album because I found the song pretty good, the vocals and the rythms hyped me.

After waiting a couple of weeks to finally received my copy, I was finally able to listen to the album, but I was anxious due the fact that I listened to somes songs on youtube and there was something that sounded wrong to me, I needed to focus a lot to be able to hear the lyrics and a lot more to hear the instruments.

First song kick off, I really like this one, the nu-metal vibes and the chorus is really good. This song is full of energy, a good way to start and album. After that we have Empty Elvis, this song start with hardcore scream's vox that sound like they were recorded with a cell phone. The chorus is good too, but I think the verse will have been better with a more crisp production. White America's Beautiful Black Market is probably my favorite song, the verse and the chorus are strong, the production doesn't affect the quality of this song too much. Except for a little bit of over-production on the pre-chorus, especially on the group vocals. Next two songs sound pretty much the same, not too bad or too good either. Then come virgin dirt, I can tell you something, if you already hated the production at that point, your hears will probably bleed after hearing this one. The end of the song is unlistenable, it's hard to not loose the vocals if you don't stay focus as there is so much noise and undefined sounds a t the end of the track. Younger sound much more like a Fall out Boy song than a post-hardcore song. The dope beat is a solid song all the way and The Priest and Used Cars bland to much with the previous one. Pheromone Cvl is a bad attempt at being soft, the singing is not great enough for a ballad type song. Finally the record end up with "27 Club", the song bring nothing more the the album and draw really too long for nothing, the last 2-3 minutes are exhausting and I had a hard time to listen to it until the end.

I was a fan of some of Fake History songs, but none of the song on this record can top muther or Renegade 86. In conclusion, I have a hard time the understand all the "hype" surrounding this record, I read a couple of review before writing mine and they seems to all claim that this record is a masterpiece. For my part, I think they are an above the average post-hardcore band, but the production kill this record a lot. On one side, everything sound muddy and noisy. On the other side the clean vocals sound over-produced a lot like a pop records. It's kind of weird.

Thank you for reading me and for giving your comments if you're willing too.

sixdegrees

gj

Digging: 10Minimal - Aluminum World

Owantjaaaa
August 16th 2013

Other deserves way higher than 2.5!

Digging: Look What I Did - Atlas Drugged

Keyblade

wow

Gwyn.

hmmm

Owantjaaaa
August 16th 2013

I agree with your review though.

Skoj

wut.5/5

Digging: Banks - Goddess

DegausserGuernica24

.eviltel

ncguitar
August 16th 2013

Is this better than The Blackest Beautiful?

Gwyn.
August 16th 2013

Would prolly still be better than the new album tho!

ILJ

nice pointless entry

LightRedFloyd
August 16th 2013

I think Other is actually their best album. I know I'll get a lot of hate for it but it's just so much more ambitious than any of their other work.

johnnydeking29

Neg

Digging: Dark Tranquillity - Character

johnnydeking29

Neg

elephantREVOLUTION
August 16th 2013

thanks for adding this to the database again

Azn.

obvious neg

yourmindsdecide
August 16th 2013

There are too many typos, I can't take this seriously.

IbenizGEO1
August 16th 2013

why does this have so many like on fb

DegausserGuernica24
August 16th 2013

They just like the album.

Cygnatti

Digging: Jon Hopkins - Immunity

sixdegrees
August 16th 2013

31 people like this. Be the first of your friends.