Suicide Silence
The Cleansing

good

by BlastRiffsBeatTechno USER (3 Reviews)
August 13th, 2013 | 24 replies | 1,357 views

Release Date: 2007 | Tracklist

Review Summary: After a re-listening of Suicide Silence's debut, I have now had a good change of heart.

OK, so as of recently, I have had a change of heart about this album. What was once a two star rating in my last review, has now changed to a three. I have come to realize that this album, and the band, for that matter, isn't all that bad.
And I promise you, this is a permanent rating.

Here's the thing that I've come to love about "The Cleansing", like I used to love about it. It's brutality! This is basically the biggest reason why I'm giving this album a new rating of three stars. I seriously overlooked that the last time I listened to this! And because of how heavy this album is, I no longer care about it's repetitive nature.

There are a few things I still stand by, however. For instance, I still don't care much for the tin-can-like sound of the drums. Also, In my previous unedited review, I criticized Mitch Lucker's vocals as lousy. That I no longer believe, but I still believe his vocal performance still sounds a little forced to me.

So in all honesty, I'm glad I decided to give this album another listen, because "The Cleansing" isn't a totally bad album like I last thought it to be. I'm proud to re-award this album three stars.

2.9
good
  • Jody78 (4)
    This is possibly one of the best deathcore albums out there due to the fact it was recorde...

DarkZX (3)
    This album can get rather generic at times, but it is worth checking out....

James Grant (2)
    *YAWN*, pass the coffee....

boristhebladexx (3)
    Heavy as balls, Suicide Silence's debut CD The Cleansing is 45 minutes of crushing death m...

• Brandon Burton (3)
    "The Cleansing" is Suicide Silence's major label debut that will appeal to some. Not so mu...

BigPleb

Lousy vocals? Hmm

DrMaximus

Woah, Kill.

oltnabrick
August 13th 2013

if you dont like this then check out the new trinidad james album

Digging: Sicko Mobb - Super Saiyan Vol. 1

Jacquibim
August 13th 2013

Better be careful with them edges kill or someone will get hurt.

Digging: Abigor - Leytmotif Luzifer

glad he died

boom?

BlastRiffsBeatTechno
August 13th 2013

By the way, I understand that my review looks pretty rushed. I apologize for that, it takes me forever to think of something to write, and after finishing this, I decided to just go with it.

BlastRiffsBeatTechno m/

Digging: Invisible - El jardin de los presentes

sonictheplumber

gay

TheSpaceMan
August 13th 2013

Honestly, I tend to find the reviews for generic core bands to be blander as the music. If you're serious about reviewing another album you could try finding one you have something interesting to say about. Everyone just writes "shitty vox, breakdowns and chugz" on these things

Greyvy
August 13th 2013

why cant someone be happy someone died?

BlastRiffsBeatTechno
August 13th 2013

@TheSpaceMan: Read my first review for Whitechapel's latest album, I give it a rating of 4, stating that it was good to listen to a deathcore album that wasn't all chugs and breakdowns. So needless to say, I enjoyed that album.

August 13th 2013

Just another generic album with inmature lyrics and a lot of chugga chugga. Is catchy and funny but nothing more

Greyvy

wheres the catchy at

TheSpaceMan
August 13th 2013

I was too scared to buy this itunes when it first came out because my family shared the same account
and I didn't want my mom to see it. thats how I first learned to torrent

LightRedFloyd
August 13th 2013

omg rip mitch lucker forever in our hearts gone but never forgotten

August 13th 2013

Swag is for fags, besides who needs swag when you have money and mojo

Nocturnal
August 13th 2013

@TheInmortalVermicide - Wtf your such a fag nobody cares about your money and mojo.

Album bring teh junz.

Obligatory rip mitch.

August 13th 2013

Do you really think I give importance if people care about my money and my mojo bitch, hell no, swagfags and twats can't even get money or mojo in their dreams bitch

Nocturnal
August 14th 2013

Yes the fact you bring it up means you care