Faith No More
The Real Thing

by Ficus USER (2 Reviews)
March 27th, 2006 | 1 replies

Release Date: 1989 | Tracklist

I purchased this album after I had gotten Faith No More's best record, Angel Dust, so I sort of knew what to expect. Or, at least I thought I did. At first listen, I was marginally impressed. I had heard the song Epic countless times before so that was a highlight, as was the thrashy Surprise! You're Dead! and melodic (and terrifying) Zombie Eaters. But as with Angel Dust, I thought this album would grow on me. And I couldn't have been more right. A few days later I popped it in my cd player, and it hit me - 'This is a really good album!' So I listened to it some more. And some more. Soon, I was addicted. The brilliant opener,From Out of Nowhere, the insane instrumental Woodpecker From Mars, and even the lounge-jazz and pedophiliac number, Edge of the World. Black Sabbath's song War Pigs is clearly done justice by the fine gentlemen of FNM. Not to mention the entire band memberís mastery of their respective instruments - the highlight being vocalist Mike Patton's vocal prowess. Faith No More's wonderfully solid album, The Real Thing is definitely an experience to listen to, and comes highly recommended.