Korn
See You on the Other Side

by barosjn USER (20 Reviews)
March 25th, 2006 | 1 replies

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Unlike the impact after Nick Oliveri left Queens of the Stone Age, many people were amazed by what happened after Brian Welch quit KoRn to become Christian. KoRn actually came out with a better sound than before. Even though their self-titled album, Life Is Peachy, and Follow the Leader will always be classics and Take a Look In the Mirror will always be remembered for getting me back into KoRn, See You On the Other Side gives something new for all of those other nu-metal bands (excluding System of a Down) to imitate, although it sounds like KoRn are imitating Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson within most of the album. The powerful opening track "Twisted Transistor" and the very industrial sounding "Coming Undone" were perfect choices for singles and helped KoRn regain popularity. "Politics" and "Hypocrites" are epic battles against politics and religion and most of the second half of the album like the haunting melodies of "Seen It All" and the sad song "Tearjerker" shouldn't be skipped. Unlike many other people who have heard See You On the Other Side, I actually like "For No One" because even though Johnathan Davis brings back memories of his stale lyrics in Take a Look in the Mirror, the band are rocking like crazy and Johnathan blows the kind of vocals I like out of him. To me, this was 2005's best album, because I can tell nu-metal will get newer later on, even though it won't be fresher.